The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-27-2005, 08:52 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Ajax in User Rating

I think the thread name explains everything :P Is it possible
Old 12-27-2005, 09:09 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

my vote also to achieve this
Old 12-27-2005, 10:14 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I strongly agree. I really like the way that v2arcade does theirs, however it couldnt be done the same way - im sure something cool could be done. Im just not hot on ajax yet. The first bit I did was the double clikc to feature thing. I may go gold with GARS and then do that as an interim update.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:12 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Lets bump this also while we are still in RC status
Old 06-30-2006, 10:48 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Sorry for bumping. But I have an idea that may be interesting.

Do you guys know youtube.com? I love their rating system. And I dislike a little the actual system used by GARS, I dont like the popups.

It would be cool if for example (a rating with 5 points max, specified in the admin panel), you see the option and next to it the stars. As you move over the stars, they highlight and if you click, your vote is casted.

TheGeek, I know you say you are not deep into ajax, but its just a suggestion.

Jack
Old 07-01-2006, 07:47 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ill look into it more. Ive been playing around with this idea (the ajax one) but its hard because some people can have a 4 items to rate 1-5 and some could have 25 items 1-100. The dynamic ability makes it a little more of a challange from a UI perspective. Any visiaul mock ups would be helpful on how you guys feel it would be best to impliment.