The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-18-2005, 10:36 PM

Question GeekMart Questions

Hey,

We have Currently setup Joomla 1.0.4 and vBulletin 3.5.2 Intergrated with our Bridge, i am looking to add a Store to the Package and i was Considering using osCommerce i was wondering if you could answer a couple of Questions for me, Thanks in advance.

1. How Long Approximately till Full Release?
2. Any possibility of a Booking Module for Users to Book Places on Tours etc?
3. What Payment Methods does GeekCart/Mark Accept, Does it accept Offline Payments such as COD (Cash on Delivery)?
4. What is the Products Layout? Total of PHP Files? Products/Plugins? Template Changes?

Thanks Very Much
Peter Ayres
Old 12-19-2005, 08:53 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

What about VirtuaMart? Does it not work with a bridged joomla installation?!

Tobi
Old 12-19-2005, 11:10 AM

Yes, But at first we are researching all possible options and we were referred to this so i thought we may check it out
Old 12-19-2005, 12:35 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey there,

1- Too early to tell, once GARS is out the door, GM will be getting my full attention so Ill know better then
2- I dont see why not, however it would depend on the specifics of what you meant by 'booking a tour'. GeekMart has a module system that should be able to accomplish what youre after.
3- Currently, only PayPal is built in however the plumbing has been put in place for other payment methods.
4- You can see the GeekMart in action here on the site (its what I use to sell the software here) www.thevbgeek.com/geekmart.php
There are no plug ins or template changes. Right now, there are a number of files

In a nutshell, I would hesitate recommending GeekMart until it at least hits an RC stage. Betas mean a lot of tweaks and frequent changes - GeekMart is little exception. If you are not on a time restriction - then hang tight, GeekMart is gearing up for another release and as I mentioned before, once GARS is gold - GeekMart is going to start driving along quickly.

HTHs
Old 12-20-2005, 06:26 AM

Hey,

Okay, this sounds very promising i will have to wait till Release Candidate Stages then before i should consider Purchase/Installing?
Also another Question does GeekMart have a Coupon System? Where users can be given a coupon code i.e. DISCOUNT and when submitted they will recieve a 10% Discount?

Thanks
Old 12-20-2005, 10:02 AM

Not currently - im not 100% if this will make it in this version though there are pland for an extensive discounting system.

HTHs
Old 12-20-2005, 10:15 AM

Last Question I Promise! (I Hope!)

Do you offer any form of Discount when all 4 Products are Purchased:
1. Geek Advertising Banner System
2. Geek Article and Review System
3. Geek Auto-Link Pro
4. GeekMart Module for vB

Thanks
Old 12-20-2005, 04:33 PM

Currently, no. However Ill sort you out if you buy 3 of them (ill give you 1 FOC - cheapest one of course!!)
Old 12-20-2005, 04:49 PM

Sounds Good. Sorry Before We Continue With Purchase, When Purchased is it a Single Domain Licence or Multiple Domain Licence, It Doesnt Say in the Product Description.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2005, 05:33 PM

Single domain