The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-04-2005, 09:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Prices wont save issue

On a couple of customers systems, the price for each item was not ever saving which was of course causes a bit of a problem when you want to sell something!!!

I have sourced the problem being down to 1 install/upgrade step getting somehow skipped in the installation/upgrade process. This of course fluxes and fumes me as I spent 4 hours the other night on a similar issue with vbs product manager.

Anyhooo - I have uploaded a new package and put the steps into the admincp file just in case you are having the same problem.

If you are having problems with the price not getting saved, download the latest package ( GeekMart Beta 4b), upload the contents of the upload folder to their corresponding locations (overwriting existing files), then browse to the following admincp page:
www.yourdomain.com/forums/admincp/gmart_admin.php?do=missingstep

That should run the missing installation code for you until I can find out whats going on.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2005, 11:53 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hi,

prices are saved now, but are not shown at the clientsite. AdminCP works fine now!

Tobi
Old 12-06-2005, 09:53 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerTobi75
Hi,

prices are saved now, but are not shown at the clientsite. AdminCP works fine now!

Tobi
I've also run the geekmart .php?do=missingstep ... prices won't save in the AdminCP for me and obviously <grin> ... nothing on the client side <grin>...

Greg
Old 12-06-2005, 09:56 PM

Well, for me, prices are saved in the AdminCP, but not shown on the client side...

Tobi
Old 12-06-2005, 10:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerTobi75
Well, for me, prices are saved in the AdminCP, but not shown on the client side...

Tobi
Tobi

It's working for me now (kind of) ... I didn't have a price in my Vendor Postage field ... go back and check that one out and see if you put something there (I put $0.00) if it works for you then ...

Thanks,
Greg
Old 12-06-2005, 10:32 PM

Nope, AdminCP works still fine, but geekmart .php always shows: * Item not availible in EUR's
Old 12-07-2005, 12:02 PM

Hey Tobi - Im doing some more work on this issue now. The problem seems to stem from vB's product managers versioning system.

Basically it doesnt allow for sub versions of a beta or RC. Therefore the install code for beta 3.7 gets skipped in a full install becasue there is already install code for beta 3.5
Furthermore on upgrades, Beta 4.0 step isnt getting run for some stupid reason.

However I am working on it and I hope to have a solution very soon.

Thanks for your patience.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:05 PM

Take the time you need, Geek! Was not meant to be an offensiv posting, just a reply to greg's posting...