The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-14-2009, 05:04 PM

Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Show all banners in rotation globally.

Hello,

I purchased GAB last year, just got around to installing it on my board. So far what I've done is add all 5 of my banners to the system as 'header' banners. I want to show all these banners in rotation on very page across my forum. What's the template code for this? I don't understand building a script, my old advertising system just used a template call $banner_ads, with GAB it seems to be a bit more involved.

Thank you,
Dan
Old 03-14-2009, 05:43 PM

Okay I got it to show with
Code:
$GAB_ads[0]
however it still isn't displaying the one flash banner that's in the mix.

The flash banner is set to header and active just like all the other banners yet it won't display any ideas?

FWIW the flash banner is the same size as the image banners.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
Old 03-17-2009, 05:48 PM

No help at all?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Please don't bump. I'm online a lot but not everyday, and as support questions are typically answered oldest first, bumping puts your question later in the queue. As to your question, go to the ACP -> GAB -> Billboards and make sure you have a two ad types there, one image and one flash. There are also some troubleshooting tips here.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-18-2009, 10:09 PM

Hi Morgan,

I apologize for bumping, I didn't mean it that way I just figured support for a paid product would have a faster turn around.

I'm still at a loss for what to do. I have the flash banner setup but I cannot get it to display unless I select 'flash' under type of ad which makes sense except for the fact that I only have 1 banner spot on my forum and wanted both the image ads and flash ads to rotate globally.

Here's the problem I only have 1 flash ad the rest are all regular images. I'm cannot grasp how flash and image ads cannot be mixed, I bought GAB specially for it's flash support or else I would've stuck with my old rotator. Having only image (jpg, gif), or flash support per zone or billboard or what ever your calling it makes it useless to me.

If I'm missing something tell me but from the setting pages it doesn't look possible to mix flash and images.

Thank you,
Dan
Old 03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

When you set up a billboard, you need to specify what types of ads are shown and what weight you want to give to each ad type. You can set more than one type of ad by clicking the Add New Ad button. You should have two ad types, one for image and one for flash.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-20-2009, 06:53 PM

Thank you Morgan. I have it working now. It's still not as easy as it could be to implement a banner rotation but I feel much better having got it done and now have a better understanding of GAB .