The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-23-2008, 10:25 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default hacked

hello
my vbulletin is 3.7.0 and gars 2.1.8m
someone change the title of my reviews
I can"t see him in online user, see nothing
it's not one of the moderator nothing in the journal
we corrected the title of the post 8 times , after it's changed automatically

thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Probably the best place to look at who is accessing your site is via the server access logs. Another place to look is the Moderator Log, which can be viewed by going to the thread, clicking the Thread Tools drop down menu, and then selecting the Edit Thread option. Note that Thread would be Review if it is a review forum. Also try temporarily turning GARS off on that forum, and then if it happens again, you will know whether or not it is GARS. Just a recommendation, but vB has come out with a number of bug fixes and a few security fixes so you might want to consider upgrading.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-24-2008, 06:57 AM

hello
i can't have access to the server log because it"s a shared server
in the moderator i just see my moderator rayben and me correcting the title

2008-07-23 14:36:01 Rayben Intitulé de discussion modifié (original « Maquette Militaires Magazine n°55 ») 89.88.180.173
2008-07-23 14:36:56 Rayben Intitulé de discussion modifié (original « Friskies ») 89.88.180.173
2008-07-23 20:49:52 me Intitulé de discussion modifié (original « Maqoutte militaire N°8 ») 82.248.91.201
2008-07-23 21:49:37 Rayben Intitulé de discussion modifié (original « Maquette militaire N°8 ») 89.88.180.173
2008-07-23 23:22:02 prosper Intitulé de discussion modifié (original « Moquette militaire N°8 ») 90.7.29.143
2008-07-23 23:24:50 Rayben Intitulé de discussion modifié (original « Maquette militaire N°8 ») 89.88.180.173
2008-07-23 23:49:27 Christophe Boulant Intitulé de discussion modifié (original « Magouille militaire N°8 ») 82.248.91.201
2008-07-23 23:59:08 Rayben Intitulé de discussion modifié (original « Maquette militaire N°8 ») 89.88.180.173
2008-07-23 23:59:57 Rayben Intitulé de discussion modifié (original « Picsou magasine N°8 »)

i will try to upgrade vb first
Old 07-24-2008, 11:01 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Before pointing to GARS have you checked vBulletin?
Version 3.7.2 PL1 is already available

Old 07-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It is possible for shared servers to keep server access logs on a domain by domain basis. Try asking you host if s/he has a log for your site on the dates in question. The thread here has some security tips.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-26-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluerken View Post
Before pointing to GARS have you checked vBulletin?
Version 3.7.2 PL1 is already available
why ? because it's only in gars

and it's not a foreign hacker because he play with word in the title
making them funny in french
Old 07-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Administrator

What is the part that is wrong? The N°8 bit? I haven't heard of anyone else's titles being changed, but if you want me to investigate this issue on your site, please PM me admin level ACP access with Can Administer GARS permission and FTP login information.