The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-15-2008, 06:44 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default cant access newsletter.php on my site.

After upgrading to the new version, I can no longer access the newsletter.php page, I get a:

Hornstar6969, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Have you verified your account So you can post and access special features? If not click Here

Usergroup Manager: I have both set to YES for GAZ

Everything else is set right, Ive been through the settings several times, but I still get the cant access error.

Any ideas?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Make sure the newsletter and issue are marked as active.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

More errors reported by members

Quote:
Hey, I just tried to unsubscribe to the newsletter, but it says that it can't find my subscription information.
If you could follow that up..thanks.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Make sure the newsletter and issue are marked as active.

They are, as stated in the 1st post. :/
Old 05-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Check that your usergroup is ticked in the 'Usergroups allowed to subscribe' section for each newsletter.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-15-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Check that your usergroup is ticked in the 'Usergroups allowed to subscribe' section for each newsletter.
yes, only the banned usergroup is not ticked, all the rest are.

2nd, im getting more of these emails:

Quote:
When I click on your newsletter: "Unsubscribe to this newsletter"
It leads me to here:

http://www.gamerzneeds.net/forums/ne...u=97045&h=&n=1

And says:
"Your subscription information could not be located. If you feel that you have reached this message in error, please contact the administrator"
Old 05-16-2008, 04:04 AM
Administrator

ReFTP the newsletter.php file to your server. Maybe the old version is still there. Also rebuild bitfields:
Code:
http://www.gamerzneeds.net/forums/admincp/index.php?do=buildbitfields
There is only one place in the newsletter.php file where print_no_permission occurs: nothing to show, no permission, not active. As to the other issue, not yet sure.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:10 AM

After installing the plugin again with overwrite set to yes, it seems to have fixed things up.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Strange in a good way, maybe MySQL dropped out at some point with the first import, not sure, but as to the second issue, am looking into it and will post when resolved.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornstar6969 View Post
After installing the plugin again with overwrite set to yes, it seems to have fixed things up.
Nice to hear it works for someone, I have tried everything mentioned in this thread and have now given up for the time being - cannont access newsletter.php.

EDIT: problem solved, I had changed newsletter.php to another scriptname

Last edited by henrikhansen; 05-16-2008 at 07:21 PM..