The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-27-2008, 11:51 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Multiple rating issues

I have this same problem:

http://forums.segwaychat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Uploaded all the new files just yesterday (which seems to have fixed the n/a issue). But now have this issue...
Old 03-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Same problem as ??? Not sure what I am to see on that page.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-27-2008, 07:49 PM

We're having multiple issues with this script. The N/A issue (which isn't completely fixed, as the calculations, while close, still seem to be off).

The star ratings on the forumdisplay page do not match the actual ratings on the pages themselves.

Sometimes the "Author rating" box disappears from a page for no reason. Then it'll come back when someone submits a new rating.

The "Edit Ratings" admin function sometimes doesn't show all the ratings made by various users. I can see 4 users rated something, go into admin to view the individual ratings, and they're not shown.

Re-syncing does nothing.

Basically a whole of bunch of behavior which is causing all of our users to scratch their heads at this script, sorry.....
Old 03-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thread stuck as self-reminder for further review...
  • to fix: forumdisplay ratings don't match what is in the thread
  • don't see a reason for the disappearing act, any more info ???
  • need to further investigate, is it ratings from posts that show?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-27-2008, 11:29 PM

Here's an example of a thread with no Author rating box displayed (at the moment):

http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=18228

They seem to come and go randomly, even within the same types!

I think our stars seem to be working again on forumdisplay.

I've also attached a sample of what we see in "Edit ratings" for one of the products reviewed. Maybe because of these 4 reviewers, none of them left comments, only ratings?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garsadmin.jpg (24.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Make a database backup, and then grab the GARS package again and FTP the following files, overwriting the ones on the server:
  • /admincp/gars_admin.php
  • /geek/gars/mods/display/ratings.php
  • /geek/gars/includes/gars_admin_ratings.php
Afterwards go to the ACP -> GARS -> Tools and Re-Sync Ratings and then give it another whirl.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:49 PM

Okay, that seems to have fixed the admin edit ratings issue.

One of my ratings forums displays the stars ok (accessories), and the other one is all messed up with not displaying the stars on forumdisplay (dealers):

Ok:

http://forums.segwaychat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

No stars on all the dealers that have been rated:

http://forums.segwaychat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Resync doesn't fix this issue.

John
Old 03-31-2008, 07:54 PM

It looks like the dealers who were not rated by the author are not displaying any star ratings (neither author's nor users') on the forumdisplay page (even if the dealer was subsequently rated by users).

The expected behavior is that it shows something like Author rating: N/A (or a line of blank stars) and then Member rating: whatever star # they should have.

Thanks,
John
Old 04-08-2008, 12:21 PM

Any updates on this issue?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Grab the GARS package again and FTP the following files to the server, overwriting the old ones, and then run ACP -> GARS -> Tools -> Re-Sync Ratings and that should fix it:
  • gars_admin_ratings.php
  • gars_class_core.php
  • gars_class_edit.php