The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-25-2008, 05:15 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Arrow Changelog

Hi Morgan,

I've updated GAL a lot of times in the last weeks and every update worked very well so first of all I want to say: Thanks for the good work!

It would be nice if you could post a sticky thread to each product forum where you post the changelog, cause I want to save those things too
Its often very helpful when searching for a problem to see which version changed or fixed something.

I hope you can do this?

Kind regards
jluerken

Old 02-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

At this time GAL lacks documentation, stated here under issues, but to upgrade, FTP the GAL files, overwriting the ones on the server, and re-import the GAL product file via the ACP (do NOT uninstall, do allow overwrite). My hope is to, in the future, make use of the wiki for changelogs and other information, but that probably won't happen until after all the geek scripts are again available.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-27-2008, 12:22 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thanks for the info Morgan. I know how to upgrade, that was not the question.
I am documenting every change to my boards so that later on upgrading or searching for errors is more easy.
Therefore I also document the changelog of all installed products.
I would really like to see this for GAL in future.
I hope this was now more clear for you?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yep, it was clear the first time, but the added info is for anyone who may happen across this post. The results here should contain some of the changes, and after all the geek scripts are again available, I hope to make better use of the wiki.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams