The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-08-2007, 05:21 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default RSS Feeds not working for GARS forums

I am trying to create an RSS Feed for all my news to put on another site, and am finding that all the GARS enabled forums won't work with the RSS feed. I try to put in forum.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=12 and it shows nothing if 12 is a GARS forum, but if its not a GARS forum is shows that forum's stuff. Anyone else have this problem, or am I missing something?
Old 10-14-2007, 10:48 AM

RSS feed seems to work fine on my reviews forum, it's showing on my vista sidebar. What is your gars version?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:40 PM

I'm on 2.1.7 and vbulletin 3.6.5. I'm kind of afraid to upgrade GARS with no support here. I could go from bad to worse.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:07 PM

You wrote in another post about sql errors, I think if you upgrade to 2.1.8c it can't get more worse as it is now?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:50 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

mine works fine.

I tested it and then disabled it but it worked with the "Review" set.

I use an older version as well.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:58 PM

Well upgrading didn't fix the MySQL error, but I was able to determine that it was only one GARS type that was effected... so I just picked a different type and the error is gone... not ideal, but works for now. I still can not get RSS to work though. If I pick a specific forum for RSS on any non-GARS forum, I get what I'd expect... just posts from that forum. If I pick a GARS forum for RSS, it displays the default site-wide list of threads. I'm glad to know its working for you all. Can someone share the exact URL you are using to do RSS for a GARS forum on your site? I want to make sure I'm not having a url problem.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:05 PM

Actually, maybe it is working now... I just tried it and got a couple of things in one of the forums. Is there a way to set how far back an RSS feed looks? I'm using the RSS button in IE. It may be that my GARS forums aren't updated as frequently as the discussion forums.