The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-24-2007, 06:01 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Exclamation anymedia with gars?

For some reason i am not able to get the [media] tags to work in gars.
Since they are normal bbcode, i thought there won't be any problem but gars doesn't seem to parse the code.
Geek i used your code here: http://www.thevbgeek.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=29
also but even that returns unparsed tag(btw they work in non gars areas of the site. http://www.funenclave.com/reality-bi...ning-8978.html
Old 06-24-2007, 09:16 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Do you use other media tags?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:35 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

other media tags?

Umm i didn't quite get you. I have only two custom bbcode tags, one is anymedia and the other is the spoiler warning tag. While the spoiler tag works with gars, anymedia doesn't(both work on non gars areas) (hope thats what you asked or please explain? )
Old 06-25-2007, 09:25 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Though I had never used the anymedia hack... I just downloaded it, installed it, then installed the module and it works fine.

Saying that, at first the anymedia bbcode didnt work because I had to rebuild bitfields. But that was before I even tested it in a GARS forum.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 AM

there has been an update to the anymedia hack yesterday, ensure you have upgraded to the new one.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:36 PM

Just uninstalled and installed again and its working..
ehh..