The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-23-2007, 12:03 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GAB/vB Ad Management Comparison?

Does anyone have a feature comparison between GAB and vB Ad Management

It's time to get some ads going and not sure which setup to use.

TIA !!
Old 06-23-2007, 12:09 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Not sure as I havent used it but it looks pretty comprehensive.

It looks like most of the ad placement is pretty automatic which will be fine for most standard placements, with GAB you currently have to manually place the var that holds the banners where you want, but that gives you a lot of flexability.

Overall, tough to say without giving it a spin (which I don't have time to do right now). Once I can get GAL 6 done, GAB will be my focal point and then you will see massive differences
Old 06-23-2007, 12:46 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I'm trying to figure this out as well, which to use. I have ad management installed but thinking of switching.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
I'm trying to figure this out as well, which to use. I have ad management installed but thinking of switching.
Why do you think you need to switch from vb ad management?
Old 06-24-2007, 05:53 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

From a quick install, with vb Ad mgmt, after you edit the VB templates, you get left/right col, footer, header ad placements and I think between posts ? Not sure as I haven't gotten any farther than that. Or course you're not limited to those placements, those are just the templates you are supposed to edit on install.

Since I haven't purchased GAB (yet ), I'm guessing as Geek said above, you can put the banner var's where every you want in the templates.

So my simple question and I did see some references with the search - I'd like to get Google Adsense going, at least in the header and maybe left side column . Is that something simple to do with GAB ?

Anyone have any examples sites out there using GAB that we can check out ?
Old 06-24-2007, 10:11 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The header is a bit o cake. Left side column is slightly harder depending on if you have a column there already or not and which pages you want to apply them to.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:22 PM

Do your installation services include helping us set up a left/right column?

Would there be a way to include different ads on different forum pages?
Old 06-24-2007, 04:49 PM

No, the installation is for standard set up. Customisation is seperate. TBH, it really isnt that hard to do. In fact, a lot of users apply vbacmp's ability to put a column on all pages. Then they use that column to place a skyscraper banner .

Pretty straight forward stuff
Old 06-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tester View Post
Why do you think you need to switch from vb ad management?
Because I prefer products by the geek.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:05 AM

To be totally honest, GAB has had the least development since I launched thevbgeek.com, I think its a great system, but it is still lacking in areas that I feel are essential for it to excel in: Advertiser management UI and automatic placement of ads (without template changes). Both of which will be addressed in the next issue. Its one reason I am excited to be done with GAL (and the fact that GAL has been in redevelopment for some time now!).

If a free version works for you right now, then I say go for it - I cant comment on how it compares... I can say though that once GAB hits redevelopment, it will be the defacto standard for banner advertising