The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-28-2007, 08:01 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default Could you add some help to the ACP fields?

First, I'm still very much in love with this product. I wish I could use it on my whole website.

So, here's my suggestion:

Some of the fields are a bit hard to understand, especially if you're using GAL for the first time and if you've not tweaked it in a while.

For example, I just used the phrase manager to make the following change to the phrase Replacement text because after a couple of years, I couldn't remember how to enter multiple phrases and whether they were case-sensitive:

Default:
Quote:
Replacement text
My edit:
Quote:
Replacement text (separate terms with commas; NOT case-sensitive)
Old 05-28-2007, 08:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Youre a freaking mind reader Bob

I have put most of the admincp help in for version 6, but I wanted it to be a surprise
Old 05-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Awesome! I can't tell you how great it is to have a wonderful product that continues to be improved and supported. I hope you're making enough money on these products to sustain your energy!
Old 05-28-2007, 08:22 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

lol , I may not be making enough, but Im having fun which is the important part. Youre going to love version 6