The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-05-2007, 10:16 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 
Default GARS 2.14 question - It doesn't seem to have worked in with my style correctly

Here is the browse reviews page:

http://www.xboxlivearcade.com/forum/...isplay.php?f=5

The browse reviews page where it says "Reviews in Category" has text underneath it that breaks the style a bit. Also, in that box, the bottom portion of the module is using the wrong gradient.

and a review:

http://www.xboxlivearcade.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3

The review section modules take the top category image for the top and bottom of modules (it should be taking the bottom category gradient for the bottom, not the top one again)

Also, there is a random checkbox for admin's right next to the "author review" thing that when clicked highlights the post (but I have no idea what that checkbox is for).

Any ideas on fixs? I haven't used GARS since last year.

Thanks

I'd also be able to put the poster's gamertag near the heading image as well (how might I go about doing that?)

Last edited by FRAiD; 04-05-2007 at 10:37 PM..
Old 04-06-2007, 03:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The text isnt broken, its just too long with modules on both sides... change the style or use modules on 1 side only.
The gradient there is correct, you are just seeing more of it because it is on 2 lines

The review page gradients should also be ok. Im not sure exactly what you are refering too here.
The highlighting icon is to auto-feature with ajax.

Not sure what your last question is
Old 04-06-2007, 06:50 PM

For the last question...

http://www.xboxlivearcade.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1

View that thread and make sure you select the xboxlivearcade style (non default vb one)

In the postbit, you can see a gamercard (I'd just like to put that up in the review system somehow maybe).

So what is the checkbox for again? And why can't I choose three columns? Is there a way to perhaps reduce the width so they both work?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I assume the checkbox you are seeing is the inline moderation checkbox (it doestn appear on my view). You can choose 3 columns, but it will squish your style and you will get the line break mentioned previously.

HTHs!
Old 04-07-2007, 01:09 AM

So what about my style is making it get squished?
Old 04-07-2007, 08:01 AM

The fact that there isnt much space in the centre with 2 static mocules on either side
Old 04-12-2007, 04:55 PM

Is there a way to set the width of the side columns in GARS?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:59 PM

Yup, there is a type setting for it
Old 04-14-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Yup, there is a type setting for it
I went to types and I put in 100 pixels and then went to the forum display for a forum that I have GAR'ed, as well as, a test review I already had created and nothing changed.

I want to be able to set the width for the blocks in the fourm display and in my reviews (showthread) so is there a way to do this for both individually or just for one that affects both? The type setting didn't work for either though.

Edit:

and getting back to one of my earlier questions: Is there a way to make the bottom part of each module not use the same table header image that the top half of a module is currently using? I'd like the modules to follow the same format as my vBa cmps blocks and forums.

I assume this can be changed in a template, but which one? (I'm referring to the author review in particular, but I assume changing the look for one module will affect the look of the others which would be fine).

Last edited by FRAiD; 04-14-2007 at 08:54 PM..
Old 04-18-2007, 04:13 AM

Geek, do you know any of the answers to my above questions?