The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-15-2007, 05:24 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default New server, new problem

I've just moved to a new server and when I try to upload an image.jpg I get this

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in /var/www/forums/geek/gars/includes/gars_functions_image.php on line 264
php version 5.16
Old 03-15-2007, 09:07 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

what image system are you using? Do you not have GD anymore?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:15 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

a little confuse about GD. Vb image reg is on, phpinfo is telling me --without mysql --withoout GD. I have thousands of images in my vbadvanced gallery broken var_dump (gdinfo()) gives me an error, I copied ome test code from php.net, ran them and they say clearly gd is not installed. Yet vb is not complaining and displays the reg image with rue type fonts.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:10 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

vB most likely has fail back for other support. What is vB set to?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I get this error as well but my site is set to use ImageMagick and does so without any issues. Is there someway to fix this without server modifications?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:55 PM

Does your server not support gd?
Old 05-12-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Does your server not support gd?
I'm not sure.. i've fooled around with it a few times but just tinkering.. ImageMagick has been doing what I need for about 6 years now... i never have had a reason to switch. Is it safe to say that GARS will not be able to utilize image upload unless GD is active?
Old 05-13-2007, 08:55 AM

That is correct, I have never coded it with ImageMagick support, but I will look into it for you
Old 05-13-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
That is correct, I have never coded it with ImageMagick support, but I will look into it for you
Wow... this sucks
Old 05-13-2007, 02:01 PM

Remember that you can still use the type gallery for your image headers in the meantime.

HTHs