The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-12-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Screenshots or DEMO please. :)

Hi!

I am all set to purchase Geek Autolinker . However, there is something I need to see before I make the purchase. I need either screenshot or demo of the statistics it displays.

Is it possible?

Also, I know you run a pretty huge site but still I want to confirm : How scalable is this hack. I mean, how far have you stress tested it?

PS : A pre-sales forum would be helpful.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Heres a demo -> http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=223 in action (funnily enough, your post is also another good example!).

As far as scalability - thats a tough one to answer. My sites pretty freaking massive, but I really dont have more than about 20 GALs right now. Obviously the more you add, the more pre_replacing has to occur which can be server intensive.
A couple of people had mentioned a marked decrease in performance with the previous version (2 out of about 150 installs) while the rest seemed fine.
In fact, I remember helping one guy on his site and he had over 900 GALs and never noticed ANY slow down.

Much is going to depend on the current load of your servers. If they are operating well within capacity, then I doubt the extra CPU time will impact performance.

To sum it up: Yes, it will impact performace. The more GALs, the more processing. Though saying that, there are tools within GAL to minimise the impact.

HTH's
Old 10-12-2005, 04:43 PM

Samuel, I have seen the demo of the page, however, I wanted to see the statistics it produces in the admincp (what I will be showing to my advertisers).

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

duh

Where was my head?!?. Heres a couple shots. One of the stats for an item on my other site for past 2 days, the other is of the 'add screen' to show you some of the options.

HTH's!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gal-add.jpg (69.2 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg gal-stat.jpg (90.9 KB, 80 views)
Old 10-12-2005, 08:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Geek, just so you are aware..

The GAL popups are hard to catch on the element blue style because the links look exactly like the text. You may want to change that for some new people who won't know exactly what to mouse over to see the popup.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:04 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBleeding
Geek, just so you are aware..

The GAL popups are hard to catch on the element blue style because the links look exactly like the text. You may want to change that for some new people who won't know exactly what to mouse over to see the popup.
Aye - I was just thinking that while reading this thread.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:24 PM

Ditto. Was thinking it as I was posting!

Thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 11:33 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I dont know if I am blind, but I dont see any GAL demo working. Where is it?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It is temporarily off the site until GAL 6.0 is released.