The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-12-2005, 02:54 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Another Suggestion (pretty important)!

Ok this came about after my host accidently turned of GD -__- and I was unable to upload header images because of innapropriate functions existing. So....

1) Can you please implement an option to store header images either in the db or in a folder (of your choosing) or allow us to use the vb default option.

Also I haven't been able to find how you handle resizing when it comes to header images so can you please explain to me what exactly happens. Because I tired uploading a header image the other day and it did not resize but all others that I had added before that resized properly.

2) Maybe an option to set resizing options for header images on a per type basis? Height, Width, Compression. That sort of stuff. And the ability to keep the full size image and open it in a popup.

Ok I think that's all for today.

Thanks again for the great product.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:07 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey Webby

1- This option already exists. Just place whatever images you want 'on offer' in the gars/images/types/TYPEID folder. Thats your gallery
Not sure why the other image wouldnt have resized unless it was already smaller than your max size?

2- Im not sure about on a type basis. Ill have to mull that one over. Its not too big of a deal to save the original size... but not sure... hmmm... mull... over

Thanks for the great feedback!
Old 10-12-2005, 07:13 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Sorry if I wasn't clear but my first suggestion was to have an option on WHERE to store your header images. Either directly in the database OR in the folder system like you have it setup.