The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-16-2007, 07:43 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Important Question about Gars insertion

At what point does Gars inserts the info in table gars? Is it at thread creation from front end only on submit?

Reason is, I am creating the threads automatically with the data manager. Since I have the threadid, I'd LOVE to also insert Gars automatically, just so it could use a thread_specific image for header image. I look at the table and I saw some serialized data. I am comfortable playing with the serializations... if you tell me what they are, or where to go to study the process.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:50 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I simply don't know which routine does the insertion so I could emulate it.

I see how I can do a direct insert in database in table gars. All data seem to be the same for column data

Quote:
a:5:{s:7:"post_as";s:0:"";s:10:"post_as_id";N;s:6: "gal_id";N;s:12:"gal_keywords";s:0:"";s:8:"gal_tex t";s:0:"";}
The only problem I have is column custom_1 which varies
Quote:
a:1:{i:94;N;}
What will happen if I leave it blank?

Last edited by Lionel; 02-16-2007 at 04:54 PM..
Old 02-16-2007, 05:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It will be fine if you leave it blank. Cutom 1 holds a serialized array of custom values from modules (mainly from version 1.x as custom fields are held in another table in 2.x).

The insertion/update happens in newpost_complete hook.

HTHs!
Old 02-16-2007, 06:21 PM

ok, I added no problem, but why would the forumdisplay shows the raw html in sypnosis (which is what is in thread)? I just added it and have not touched gars showthread. It displays properly in showthread so it is not a vb error

Never mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fd.jpg (20.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Lionel; 02-16-2007 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: Solved
Old 02-18-2007, 03:19 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

DOes the thread itself set to allow HTML?
Old 02-18-2007, 03:20 PM

It does. But I solved the problem, there was an unclosed <ul> tag.