The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Lizard Lounge

Lizard Lounge The place to post off topic stuff.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-04-2005, 09:57 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Cool Are you aware that ...

In the buttom of the forums you have the little w3c image that tell you that this site is xhtml compliant.
pressing the little image brings you to the xhtml validator which points out that this site isn't xhtml compliant.

thats not good is it ?

Tpr

p.s.
i know no one cares, but its late.... and im bored....
Old 10-04-2005, 10:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hehe. classic! Worth looking into though. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2005, 01:27 PM

I guess that happens to all boards which make customizations.
We dont have time to be XHTML complient whilst making it look unique at the same time too.

vBSEO: The SEO Solution for Expert vBulletin Forum Admins
Old 10-05-2005, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
I guess that happens to all boards which make customizations.
We dont have time to be XHTML complient whilst making it look unique at the same time too.
Well, making the site XHTML complient is not that hard, just get used to writing a lot of additional parameter which have no use what so ever and just eat at your bandwith and your all set

i mean why the hell do i put an alt="" tag for every spacer i use ? who the hell thought about these things....

just my 2 cents
Old 10-05-2005, 07:52 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Personally, I think xhtml compliant is more HTML snobbery than anything.

Before I get the flames... Its not that I don't appreciate the goal and purpose (I very much do!). I just think 100% compatible by replacing &'s with & is a bit OTT.
Saying that - I lay no claim to be an HTML guys, I'm a coder as such I can easily see someone bitching about bracket placement and me arguing with them (though saying that, I could care less about where curly braces go as long as its consistent).

Well, that was an adventure eh? Maybe I should spend the 2 minutes it would take to find what Ive done to the style to make it unworthy )

I'm knacked!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:59 PM

The only big diffrence between the curly braces (which you ident with 2 spaces... ) to the xhtml thingey is that no matter where you place the curly braces, assuming you did not screw up any compiler in the world will run exactly the same way.
the xhtml/html thingey is a bit more trickey since it appears as though some companies (did anyone say microsoft ?) decided to work in their own "special" way.

you might think i'm being a bit too touchy about the subject but i'be been fighting with IE for the last two days and it's winning, the damn style will work on every browser except IE but some of my users insist that 90% of the world uses IE so ...
well im upset

p.s.
happy new year (only works if your a jew though, the rest of you have to wait 2 more month)
Old 10-05-2005, 08:06 PM

Quote:
happy new year (only works if your a jew though, the rest of you have to wait 2 more month)
that gave me a good chuckle.

Yea, I know what you mean. I don't mean to be unsympathetic, I should be more conscious of it. Thats my New Years Resolution! (Good thing Ive got 2 more months before I have to put it into action!)