The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-08-2006, 03:02 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default using thread tags

I had the options to force new thread to have a thread tag, but with any GAR's formated post, there is no thread tag box..
is there a way to add a tag box ?

I'm using boardtrackers tagging mod

Thank you
-Brandon
Old 11-08-2006, 08:23 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco
I had the options to force new thread to have a thread tag, but with any GAR's formated post, there is no thread tag box..
is there a way to add a tag box ?

I'm using boardtrackers tagging mod

Thank you
-Brandon
Don't do that Brandon , Zoints is working perfect and has better abilities then boardtracker. Also in any way you get direct visitors from zoints. Daily i get around 10-15 visitors from zoints tags and imagine my site is in Turkish. You can get way more then me
Old 11-08-2006, 10:30 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hmm, I tried zoints but frankly I thought it looks like poo

I like how the boardtracker looks a lot better, and I'd hate to switch now and have to add the tags for all the main threads again
Old 12-30-2006, 12:00 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
Don't do that Brandon , Zoints is working perfect and has better abilities then boardtracker. Also in any way you get direct visitors from zoints. Daily i get around 10-15 visitors from zoints tags and imagine my site is in Turkish. You can get way more then me
Did you have to do anything special to get Zoints Tags working in the forums that GARS is working on? In my GARS forums the Zoints Tag entry seems to be getting ignored.

Hhhhnmm......

Free Fonts ~ Digital Photography Help
Old 12-30-2006, 05:57 AM

I've been using the zoints tag system now for some time and it's working with GAR's
I just have to add the tag after I make the post.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco View Post
I've been using the zoints tag system now for some time and it's working with GAR's
I just have to add the tag after I make the post.
Turns out the problem was related to the fact that I was accessing the site through it's IP address while the Zoints tags JS file is referenced by it's fully qualified domain name. I recently moved the site (vBulletinUsers.com) to a new server and since the prior owner didn't have the JS files on his server (the DNS updates hadn't fully propogated) it couldn't file the file so that's why it wasn't working. Once the DNS updates went through with my ISP and I started access the site using the name & not the IP everything started working fine.

So in short... Zoints Tags works wonderfully on GARS pages.

Old 12-31-2006, 03:21 AM

I've had the same problem. When I enable tags for a GARS forum, there is no tags box.

Kevin, what did you do different from me? I access the pages as normal when starting a new article, but no dice.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:15 AM

GeekMart License Holder 

I have to say the zoints tags is working just fine on my forum also in the GARS.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:54 PM

Can you post a screen shot of where your tag box shows up?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeCapn View Post
I've had the same problem. When I enable tags for a GARS forum, there is no tags box.

Kevin, what did you do different from me? I access the pages as normal when starting a new article, but no dice.
I didn't have to do anything special once I had my IP versus name issue resolved. I had Zoints Tags installed first and then GARS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeCapn View Post
Can you post a screen shot of where your tag box shows up?
They'll show up either at the top or the bottom of the page depending upon what you configured in your ACP. Here you can see a GARS thread with the Zoints Tags at the bottom.