The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-21-2006, 10:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default forum categories and articles in subforums etc a bit lost

Ok, i have an Articles Forum Category. Under that I have 10 Article Forums each attached to the main article forum category. so for example:

Articles
---how to
---cool tricks
---misc

Each article category needs to be searchable for just that category and sortable by category so that's why it's done that way. If I go into say "how to" forum I get all the module blocks and it looks good, same when i go into other forums under articles. However if i go into Articles I get a blank page, I was hoping going into the top level category would show modules for all sub categories, sort of a main start page for all categories. If it can do this how do I set it, if it can't is there anything i can do like create a vbulletin page then add a block that shows most recent articles for all categories etc? a bit clueless here. Thanks!
________
Web Shows

Last edited by sross; 08-13-2011 at 04:19 AM..
Old 10-23-2006, 08:26 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey there,

What I would suggest is creating a new type and assign it to the Articles forum. Set the modules up accordingly, pulling the top items and featured items from the subforums.

HTHs!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Hey there,

What I would suggest is creating a new type and assign it to the Articles forum. Set the modules up accordingly, pulling the top items and featured items from the subforums.

HTHs!
Hmm, tried that and got nowhere, all i get is a New Article button on my main category which is not what I want, it will confuse users and they'll be posting in what should be a category not article area. I guess I will try to find a custom coded block that just shows most recent forum posts from my article categories. All I really wanted was for people to click on a link on my site called "Articles", then be taken to a page that has most recent articles in all my subforums and links to each subforum.
________
HOTWILDSEXY69

Last edited by sross; 08-13-2011 at 04:19 AM..
Old 10-24-2006, 11:29 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If you set that forums settings to 'not open' then no one can post in there and no 'new article' button will appear.