The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-08-2006, 10:41 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default Thread couldn't be read after installing new version

I don't know what happen, I can't read the thread of some of the forums even though I can get access to thread.

I can't read PM also. But I can read thread from other forums in my site. And amazingly more and more forum were increasing in this category i.e. thread couldn't be read.

Then I discussed with vb official, vbseo but they gave clean cheat. Then I started disabling all the add on and hack and I found the culprit was GAL .

Geek I don't know what happen but GAL incresingly made unreadable to most of threads over the days.

I think it might be a BUG. Please look into this matter seriously.

Last edited by ang2el; 10-08-2006 at 10:53 AM..
Old 10-08-2006, 11:00 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey Angel, this is the first I have heard of something like this. Can you provide a URL as an example? Have you added any new entries lately? i.e. a blank keyword entry or a word like '.'?
Chances are you have an entry like a space that is wacking out your replacements. Double check and let me know.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:11 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Post Same Issue

I have the same issue here, Installed product and when I went in to view some forums there was nothing there. uninstalled product and all is good again!
Old 10-20-2006, 04:50 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hmmm... what version of GAL did you install and what version of vB do you have?
Old 10-21-2006, 03:34 PM

Sorry Mr. Geek I was busy these days.

Well, I have disable Geek AutoLink from the Product Manager. And now I don't have any problem, I don't know whta happen, I am thinking to install the New version of GAL when you will release it.

Actually, it didn't start abrutply, the first thing I noticed was the index.php I mean domain.com worked domain.com/index.php didn't work I downloaded index.php file and saw there wasn't anything, then I uploaded fresh index.php file from my back up and it worked then over the days one by one thread and frorum start stop displaying as I said previously, I discussed with all the people and finally I start disabling add on one by one and when I disable GAL my forum worked perfectly.

I don't know what went wrong I am using VB 3.6.2 it happened in 3.6.1 version.

So I am thinking I will again install GAL 5 and lets see what happens.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:29 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Did you add any strange Gal Keyword. I am suspecting a keyword error instead of Gal error because Gal cannot do anything you are facingthe situation
is strange as hell
Old 10-22-2006, 01:57 AM

I don't remeber, I didn't get you... what do you mean by strange GAL key word???
Old 10-22-2006, 01:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

A Gal entry that containes different characters like ^+%&#$ or etc...