The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-24-2006, 09:20 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default vbcmps module pagination?

As the title states. Would it be possible to get pagination in the vbcmps module?
Old 09-24-2006, 09:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Do you mean the module that is here for gars?
Old 09-24-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Do you mean the module that is here for gars?
Yup, that be the one. I'm probably most likely not using the module in the way it was first intended. I'm using it as a way to present the news/article/reviews on a vbcmps page as an alternative to the forumdisplay as I want to aggregate different catergories on one page, if I'm correct, that's not possible on the forumdisplay.

If it makes any difference, I'd be willing to pay for you (or another coder, if you could point me in the right direction) for the work which I'd then happily have released to other GARS owners. I know it's not the most complex job (I had a stab at it myself) but I'm still yet to get really dug in with PHP stuff so I got stuck when it came to... everything.

Last edited by WiBu; 09-24-2006 at 02:32 PM..
Old 09-24-2006, 03:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I would take it up, but Im pretty busy right now with GAL
Old 09-25-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I would take it up, but Im pretty busy right now with GAL
Bummer, although I fully understand that taking care of your premium products is many times more important that a small thing like this.

Regardless, is there a timeframe you could give as to when you'd be able to do this? It's a pretty linchpin element of the site navigation I'm working on and I'd be willing to wait a few weeks for it to be done as we don't plan to launch until late October or early November. As said before I'd be willing to pay for this, since I know your time is not free.

I know I could go to another coder, but who is the question. It's pretty hard finding a trustworthy coder with experience with vB that's available.

Last edited by WiBu; 09-25-2006 at 01:17 PM..
Old 09-26-2006, 06:12 PM

All I can say is keep an eye on goings on around here and ask me time to time. It wouldnt be a big job - just one I cant give time to until (at the very soonest) I get GAL into beta and a quick iteration of GARS to take care of any post gold bugs
Old 09-29-2006, 11:53 AM

Quote:
All I can say is keep an eye on goings on around here and ask me time to time. It wouldnt be a big job - just one I cant give time to until (at the very soonest) I get GAL into beta and a quick iteration of GARS to take care of any post gold bugs
OK will do. Just a question. Would it be possible to get it to work with the vBulletin pagenav template and for it to have similar functions to it?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiBu
OK will do. Just a question. Would it be possible to get it to work with the vBulletin pagenav template and for it to have similar functions to it?
Chances are... it would use it
Old 10-05-2006, 09:13 PM

I know you don't have time to do it right now but this is just a bump to remind me and you.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:37 PM

This is just a bump to remind me and you.