The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-04-2006, 05:14 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Red face Problem with uploading image

When I try to upload a header image for my review I get this error at the top:
Code:
Warning: move_uploaded_file(/mounted-storage/home5/sub001/sc12119-rnkw/mycat/forum/geek/gars/images/1/catokay_header.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /geek/gars/includes/gars_class_core.php on line 1292

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpcNhiAb' to '/mounted-storage/home5/sub001/sc12119-rnkw/mycat/forum/geek/gars/images/1/catokay_header.gif' in /geek/gars/includes/gars_class_core.php on line 1292

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/mounted-storage/home5/sub001/sc12119-rnkw/mycat/forum/geek/gars/images/1/catokay_header.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /geek/gars/includes/gars_class_core.php on line 1292

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpcNhiAb' to '/mounted-storage/home5/sub001/sc12119-rnkw/mycat/forum/geek/gars/images/1/catokay_header.gif' in /geek/gars/includes/gars_class_core.php on line 1292
and this one from GARS:
Quote:
1. Got some freaky error while moving file from /tmp/phpcNhiAb to /mounted-storage/home5/sub001/sc12119-rnkw/mycat/forum/geek/gars/images/1/catokay_header.gif. Upload fine. Move=problem.
2. Got some freaky error while moving file from /tmp/phpcNhiAb to /mounted-storage/home5/sub001/sc12119-rnkw/mycat/forum/geek/gars/images/1/catokay_header.gif. Upload fine. Move=problem.
Any ideas?
Old 01-04-2006, 06:21 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Is the geek/gars/images (and all SUB FOLDERS) chmodded to 0777?

If so, it sounds like a safe mode restriction and you can try the 'safemode' setting in GARS->Settings

HTHs
Old 01-04-2006, 06:52 PM

I have set ALL these folders that are in that path to 777 and also set both my php safe mode and PHP Safe Mode GID to off yesterday (cause I'm also having problems with a Gallery)...
Should I open a support ticket?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:30 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

sadly, I think the support ticket think is broken. Might as well keep support in the forums, if its private info, PM me

I would say that the problem is one in the same. Have you tried turning on the safemode GARS setting?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:33 PM

I'll try this but I'm afraid it's something more general as I also have problems with uploading smilies and the Gallery as well...
Attachments work fine strangely enough...
Also, my other site is hosted on the same server and everything is fine there with these (I do not have GARS there, I'm talking about the other problems)...
Old 01-04-2006, 07:35 PM

Just tried it... Same problems...

Darn, why do I always have so much bad luck???

Should I pm you an admin login?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:43 PM

Sure, but I dont think I can do anything here as it really looks like a server level restriction. I can only provide help with settings and such.

A couple more things to try:
1- Is there a folder in geek/gars/images/ called 1?
2- What happens if you make one?
3- is the file owner the same on your vb files as on the geek/gars/images folder? If not, can you change the owners?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:46 PM

1. Yes
2. See above
3. I think so

How can it be a server level restriction? What should I tell them to change?
Also, I think the other problems I have are connected to this somehow. So if it's a server level restriction wouldn't I have the same problems with images on my other site as well?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:12 PM

not particularly.

What you are saying is that GARS can create folders but after that it cant find the folder!

Is there anything in the 1 folder?
Can you rename the folder something like x and then try to upload again and see if it gives you the same error but konks on the upload?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:18 PM

There is only a (probably blank) index.htm in that folder...
I renamed it to x and still get the same errors...