The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-13-2006, 03:06 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default Exploring GAB

Okay, I love GARS and I'm warming up to GALS.

Now it's time to explore GAB !

I'm definitly going to need an advertising solution once GARS starts driving throngs of people to my site...

I'd like to stay in the Geek family, but I'm unclear as to what GAB truly offers.

My main concern is if GAB can allow advertisers the luxury of tracking thier click thrus and impressions.

Also, does it integrate with GARS? GARS is a big part of my site but I'm not clear if it integrates by default.

Is it tied in with a payment system?

Does it have solid time settings for ad placements?

Is it stable stable stable. I can deal with software being buggy when it's only me who deals with it, but when it involves affiliates, money and exposure, I want to make sure it works and doesn't have any major or minor (that can cause major problems) bugs.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:10 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

GAB is a pretty well rounded banner system for vB, but it isnt completed. Saying that, once configured it does most of what youre asking for.

It integrates with GARS simply because it integrates with vB.
It does track stats, but there is no current way to show advertisers the stats. That will be part of a free add on package that will come out when I can get to it. The free package will also integrate with GeekMart so you can sell banners (and GALs) - but once again, this wont be out for a little while.
It has start and expiry dates as well as maximum click throughs and maximum impressions so you can set banners up either way.

Like I said, its pretty stable for a Beta.

HTHs
Old 09-13-2006, 09:48 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
this wont be out for a little while.
Are we talking weeks, months or years?

I'd like to stay in the geek family with this product, but I am fearful that I'll need a solution before you can get around to it.

We need more Geeks!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:10 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Im not even going to hazzard a guess

Problem is I ahve been guessing 'next month' over the past year. Once I get GARS and GAL to gold, Ill have a much better idea.