The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-11-2006, 10:56 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Parent Category the same as GARS Forums?

Hi Geek,

First of all, thank you for this fantastic product!

Second, I have a question. I have a GARS category which houses two GARS forums. The parent GARS category looks like a regular forum list; however, I'd like to make it look like one of the GARS subforums (with the latest articles, images and synopsis listed) for the child forums.

In other words, I'd like to make this look like this, with the list populated by the latest entries in both my GARS subforums.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Rebecca
Old 09-11-2006, 11:38 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It should do - however it may not because youre not using the latest version. There are caching issues in previous versions that may be preventing your forum from looking right.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:45 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thanks for the reply. I just upgraded to the latest version (RC5) and the parent category still looks the same (only listing sub-forum titles). What settings do I need to adjust so that the latest X articles are listed, just like in the sub-forum display?

Thanks!

Rebecca
Old 09-13-2006, 08:44 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hmmm. Did you clean out your cache as per the release thread?