The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-25-2006, 07:28 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Exclamation Unknown column 'user.vbbux' in 'field list' vb 3.6 rc2 due to GARS

Forum Version: 3.6rc2

I keep getting errors like this, sometimes referring to cron and also every time I try to delete a thread. Even if I try to prune them via Admin CP.

It works on another site and I found out it's because of GARS. Once that was turned off, the site worked fine.

Quote:
Database error in vBulletin 3.6.0 Release Candidate 2:
Invalid SQL:
UPDATE user AS user, post AS post
SET
`user.vbbux` = `user.vbbux` + `post.vbbux`
WHERE
post.threadid = '2983'
AND user.userid = post.userid;
MySQL Error : Unknown column 'user.vbbux' in 'field list'
Error Number : 1054
Date : Tuesday, July 25th 2006 @ 12:55:00 AM
Script : http://www.***.com/talk/inlinemod.php...threadids=2983
Referrer : http://www.***.com/talk/inlinemod.php?forumid=127
IP Address : *************
Username : Neal
Classname : vb_database
Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

er... thats a vBux hack error. Shouldnt have anything ot do with GARS. Only reason I can think of as to why it worked with GARS disabled is because you didnt delete a gars thread (as it was disabled).
Old 07-25-2006, 08:03 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

With GARS enabled, deleting any thread even via prune admin cp brings up the db errors.

Shame really, I want both. I need vbux as i have p3tz installed.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:31 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

What I am trying to say is that the code above has nothing to do with GARS. Its with your vbux hack.

For instance, disable vbux and then try to delete a gars thread... it will work
Old 07-25-2006, 09:53 PM

I know it works with vbux disabled. But for some reason vBux and GARS are not working together. I use vbux on another site and it works fine. Just the one with GARS and vBux installed comes up with the errors.

I've mentioned it on the vbulletin.org thread, but no reply from the author yet after a few days.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:39 PM

Actaully, duh.

I fixed this for him. It has nothing to do with GARS, its called a typo in his files.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=120624

You need to edit the file (cant remember which) and remove the ` in the SQL where is says `user.vbbux` it isnt supposed to be qualified like that.

HTHs
Old 07-25-2006, 11:33 PM

Can't find that file, too many to look at!

Had to disable GARS as my users want P3tz and I need vBux in order for it to work.

Shame really, yours is a great modification like your others.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:43 AM

youll still get those errors

You need to look in the folder with all their modules/plugins or whatever. Look for files with delete in them.