The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-23-2006, 07:03 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Question Change of layout for Content box

Greetings. For a custom module on the right, I want to remove the bullets in the item links of Content module and I want the items to make use of the full width of the Content box i.e. remove identing which is there for the bullets.
And I want an empty line space between the items in the Content box. Please help me to do this. Thankyou.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:07 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Youll need to edit the geek/gars/mods/display/toc.php module to make the layout changes.

HTHs
Old 07-23-2006, 07:11 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Question Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Youll need to edit the geek/gars/mods/display/toc.php module to make the layout changes.
Yes, I opened it. I tried a few things but was not able get a line space between the items and remove the bullets and identing. Can you please guide me how to do it, to add or delete what code and where? I am a novice in php. Thankyou.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:22 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Just remove the <ul>, </ul>, <li> and </li> elements
Old 07-23-2006, 07:25 PM

Will the indenting of the items also go by doing this? And how to add the line spacing?

Last edited by SGA; 07-23-2006 at 07:28 PM..
Old 07-23-2006, 07:25 PM

I suppose. Unordered lists and list items indent according to the style.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:41 PM

Question Help

Ok it removed the bullets and identing. Thanks. How do I make a line space (empty line) or a horizontal separator line between the items? Please tell me what do I change or add in both cases.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:16 PM

Sam, please tell me how to add the line space or the line separator between the items in the Content block? I am waiting for your kind reply so that I can do it now. Thankyou.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:34 PM

I cant really help you with customizing the code. However just put a <br /> where the </li> used to be