The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-22-2006, 05:30 PM

Location: on the outskirts of London with no night life and high taxes
Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Question ? about purchase, install and use of GARS

Hey,

Came over to purchase GARS.. was going to just install it on my hidden test forum (currently that forum is testing VB3.6).. but thought maybe it might not be fully ready for 3.6 OR I could be breaking licence or something?

Also, If I install this immediately onto my live forum [3.54] will it work.. and if so, will it be easy to then upgrade my board to vb3.6 gold without GARS interfering, or causing errors? Or is it too early to tell? For those of you experienced users, would you advise that I wait for Gold and then install GARS?

Another question - I have forums relating to different movies - which is kinda why I thought GARS would be a welcome/useful addition.. now say I have two forums on two films - 1) The Breakup and 2) Superman returns can I have two separate reviews, one for each, so all the reviews for the breakup go in the breakup forum, and all the reviews for superman returns in the superman returns forum? or would I have to have one movie reviews forum that held the reviews for both films. I hope this makes sense, just trying to explain what it is I want, and ensure its achievable.

Finally, I don't know where the vBgeek hails from, i.e. time difference.. so wondered what is the usual turnaround time, from me making a purchase to being given access to the download... hours, days, weeks?

TIA for any answers/hints/tips/flames/smiles

good2laugh
Old 07-22-2006, 06:43 PM

So I couldn't wait for an answer so just went ahead with a purchase.. Do I download Gars 1.01 or Gars 1.0g ... what's the difference then lol . Can you tell I'm a newbie lol

TIA
Old 07-22-2006, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2laugh
So I couldn't wait for an answer so just went ahead with a purchase.. Do I download Gars 1.01 or Gars 1.0g ... what's the difference then lol . Can you tell I'm a newbie lol

TIA
I guess nobody is here on the weekend, t/a
Old 07-23-2006, 05:26 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ive been away for the weekend, just getting back and caught up.

I would download 2.0 RC2 as its compatible with both vb 3.54 and 3.6
You wouldnt have a seperate forum for wach movie, you would ahve a forum with movie reviews. Each with thier own thread