The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-18-2006, 04:56 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Trouble installing the GAR lite

I'm planning on buying the pro as well as the banner ad mod you have made if I can figure out this first LOL .

I downloaded the Lite version from here:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108514

I FTP'ed everything in the correct folders, then I went into the product manager and uploaded the xml file. I don't see anything though. I'm stuck at this point.

We're porting our site from phpnuke to vB next weekend (we have a member that is doing that part) and I'd like to set up our downloads and banner ads.

You can see the site here:

http://sewingmamas.mooseclick.com/b/index.php

I'm running vB 3.5.4, I'm using Firefox on a PC.

Thanks for any help! I look forward to purchasing more of your products, they look so great from the screenshots LOL

Megan
Old 07-18-2006, 07:50 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hi there,

Sorry to say, but the LITE version is totally unsupported Your best bet is to post over on .org for a solution.

Remember though, that after ftping and installing that you need to refresh your admincp for the navigation page to appear. You may also want to check out the online manual.

HTHs
Old 07-18-2006, 08:25 PM

Yes, I've done that. Thanks anyway. I was really looking forward to trying it out then purchasing the larger version.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:20 PM

I figured out what I was doing wrong -- it was in the plug in system. I confusing the "Import Product" and "Add New Product" fields. Doh!