The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-12-2006, 10:13 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GARS 2.0 RC 1.6 Discussion

Just a quick note to say that I have uploaded GARS 2.0 RC1.6 to the download area.

This is an interim RC release to address some outstanding issues and to improve support for the up and coming vb 3.6

Please note that there are a couple of template changes that will require reverting. Specifically GARS_options and GARS_pb I am sure a few more may need to be done for vb 3.6 support, but I havent really been focusing on that yet.

nJoy
Old 07-13-2006, 03:20 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Sweet. I'm playing with it now on a vB 3.6.0 RC1 testing board. So far so good. If I find any errors/bugs I'll post them.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:32 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

has it worked well on 3.6 rc1?
Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 AM

It seems to be. The only thing, but I'm not sure if it's a bug or an error on my part, is that when I edit a review my custom fields and ratings disappear. In fact, all but the text area are blank. After I press "Save" all information seems to be left intact within the post, with the exception of the custom fields and ratings; unless of course I re-enter the information.

The Geek, can you please verify if this is an issue or not?
Old 07-13-2006, 05:44 AM

Since the option to revert templates ist greyed out (for what ever reason the GARS templates seem to be the only onse) I uninstalled completely (even deleted files) and reinstalled but I have still the same aligment problems as mentioned in the original aligment thread ..
Old 07-13-2006, 07:15 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Free: Looks like youre right. 3.6 must have changed that too.

grrrrr.

Mephisto, not sure why it would be greyed out?
Old 07-13-2006, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek

grrrrr.

Mephisto, not sure why it would be greyed out?
Ah, found out why, because I did not change anything in the templates and you cannot revert an un-changed template ..

Anyway, as I said, I uninstalled completely without luck ..
Old 07-13-2006, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
It is on a testing board so it's all good. I have the confidence that you'll squash it soon. In the meantime I'll continue working on the templates and a few custom things that I'll post later when I get it straight.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:21 AM

Thanks!

If you upgraded to RC1.6 before this post, re-download the package and replace your geek/gars/includes/gars_class_core.php and then re-import your product XML.

This addresses a couple of layout issues
Old 07-13-2006, 12:31 PM

Cool.

Speaking of layouts, if you want to, please check out a layout I did with vB's default template on a testing board. The attachment is posted in the Custom fields thread in Feedback & Suggestions forum.