The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-21-2006, 04:21 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default Show Comments Only On Last Page?

In the 3.0.x version of GARS (the GAS) I had the option to only show comments on the last page of an article...

Does such a setting still exist? if so can someone point me in its direction? if not, is there anyway I can get this option reinstated somehow?
Old 01-24-2006, 05:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey War.

That functionality was ported over due to lack of demand. In fact, this is the first time over the past 6 months it has been mentioned

However Ill look into the possibility of adding it in a future update.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:55 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Maybe an explanation of how I am using it will help increase demand for it...

I have GARS installed on an academically oriented site where users posts poems, papers, and essays for peer review. Several users have pointed out that it seems odd (and potentially swaying) for the reviews to be visible to the readers before they get past the introduction page (some of them are 20-30 pages long, which is why GARS is such a life saver)
Old 01-25-2006, 03:14 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

yea, makes sense. Ill look into it
Old 02-13-2006, 11:38 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I'd like to see this, too.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:35 PM

Though I would be perfectly happy with just showing comments on the last page, I think that just NOT showing them on the first page would also be helpful (though I would prefer only on the last page)

Another thought, and I would speculate that it may not be toooo difficult...
If you could have comments show up on whichever page they were left on. As far as integration purposes, you could tap into the "threaded view" or "hybrid view" display modes for threads. I also suspect that this would require a rethink on how the whole article system is done, and therefore am really just tossing this out here for well on down the road.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:03 PM

thats odd. I just wrote a long, kick ass response however when I submitted, I lost it.

O well,

In a nutshell I said something like:

I see where youre going with this, but it could prove VERY messy with a system that sits on top of vB. If it was a seperate system it would be much more dooable.

Still a great idea though! Thanks
Old 07-04-2006, 10:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
thats odd. I just wrote a long, kick ass response however when I submitted, I lost it.

O well,

In a nutshell I said something like:

I see where youre going with this, but it could prove VERY messy with a system that sits on top of vB. If it was a seperate system it would be much more dooable.

Still a great idea though! Thanks
I'm looking for this as well.

Thank you,

Michael