The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-04-2006, 09:46 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Does not display my images

I had this working on my test site. Then I insalled it in my main site and I have one issue that is plagueing me.

I am sure there is one thing that will fix both of these problems but I can not find where?

I can not get path to the image icon to show the defualt image. I have it set to "/types/3/default.jpg". I checked that folder and the image is in there.

I have my settings set to this:
Absolute path to images and it is set to 777. "mysite" is set to my sites name of course.
/home/mysite/public_html/forum/geek/gars/images

URL to your images folder can be relative
./geek/gars/images

I also have my cache folder set to 777

I can not upload a new image to the ADMINCP-->GARS-->TYPES-->REVIW TYPE-->UPLOAD NEW IMAGE either. Every type of image I try to upload it tells me "Though not my type, I saved it anyway".
Old 06-04-2006, 10:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Here is the an example post with the image not showing.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=206988
Old 06-04-2006, 11:25 PM

OK. I got the default image to display. I unistalled and reinstalled GARS and that took care of that. But I still can not upload any other images to be used. I have all the proper directories set to 777 and I tried changing my setting to safe mode on and off in the GARS setup and that did not make a difference.

I can not upload any in the create review option on in GARS ADMINCP.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:46 PM

Alright some more feedback on this. I found out I can edit my Article post in the forum, and change the image but in order for it to work each time I have to to go to ADMINCP-->GARS-->TOOLS-->Clean Orphans.

If I do not do this then the new picture will not work. But after I did this the picture will upload. Any ideas or suggestions for fixing this?

I still can not the ADMINCP-->GARS-->TOOLS-->TYPES-->REVIEW TYPE-->Or upload new image to work no matter what I do.

Any ideas on this would be helpful also?
Old 06-05-2006, 08:02 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Do you have the settings Cache settings on?

Also I think you're talking about 2 things here. The Add on for vbaCMPS and an uploading issue?
Can you upload into the type's gallery via admincp->gars->types->(type name)->Edit Gallery (from the drop down box).
Old 06-05-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Do you have the settings Cache settings on?

Also I think you're talking about 2 things here. The Add on for vbaCMPS and an uploading issue?
Can you upload into the type's gallery via admincp->gars->types->(type name)->Edit Gallery (from the drop down box).
Yes I have the Cache setting on.

No I can not upload via admincp->gars->types->(type name)->Edit Gallery (from the drop down box).

I have all the proper directiories set to 777 also.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I am assuming all sub folders are chmodded to 0777 as well?
Old 06-05-2006, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I am assuming all sub folders are chmodded to 0777 as well?
Yes I double checked that also and all the proper folders and sub folders are set at 0777.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:47 PM

Can you PM me an admincp url and account?