The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-24-2006, 05:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg

Hi,

I uploaded my GARS yesterday, set it all up, and then put on a test article.
When I attempted to upload an image as a small banner , I got the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in /usr/home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/geek/gars/includes/gars_class_core.php on line 1335

I am using the latest vBulletin, and also the vbadvanced cpms.

Everything else seems to work fine.

regards

Last edited by krispy1812; 02-24-2006 at 06:08 PM..
Old 02-24-2006, 05:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Do you have your GD set correctly? SOunds like you have an old version of GD installed as that is a GD function. Contact your host, maybe it isnt compiled with php.

HTHs
Old 02-24-2006, 06:15 PM

Hi, I think it's using imagemagick 6.0 , is this a viable option ? I assumed it was since it was in the vBulletin image settings.

I can add an image using the attachments function, but not using the GARS header image function.

Last edited by krispy1812; 02-24-2006 at 06:19 PM..
Old 02-24-2006, 06:32 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Make sure that your GD settings are imagemagick. There isnt resize support for imagemagick in GARS for resizing however you shouldnt ever get an error, it just wont thumbnail them for you
Old 02-25-2006, 02:27 AM

Default Same error different filetype

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Do you have your GD set correctly? SOunds like you have an old version of GD installed as that is a GD function. Contact your host, maybe it isnt compiled with php.
Hey, I got this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromgif() in xxxxx.com\forums\geek\gars\includes\gars_class_cor e.php on line 1338

And when I checked the GD version and such, I see this:
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled

Is the fact that I don't see GIF support listed there the cause for my problem? I have the site set to GD+ (cause it detects version 2.0).. Why on earth wouldn't the provider support GIF format?
Old 02-25-2006, 07:36 AM

Gif support doesnt come compliled in GD by default anymore due to compuserves copyright restrictions. However Most hosts can add it in at request (it still comes with the package, just not compiled I guess)

HTHs
Old 02-27-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Thank you

I learn something new every day on the web,
even more so from this site, Thanks Geek!
Old 05-27-2006, 12:17 AM

can someone help me out here, I'm getting this same error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg()

I read the solution posted here however, Im confused as to why Im getting this error. Im pretty sure I have up to date versions of GD and Imagemagick running on my server, as I am also using Photopost Pro with my vb, and it is working fine no problems. However I get this error when I am trying to upload custom headers for articles with my site, and I can't seem to figure out the problem.

i checked my php information, and couldn't find any details on GD within the phpinfo, however vbulletin detects that I have GD 2+ installed and when I access my cpanel/WHM and update server software it states GD is up to date.

I really am confused as to why I am getting this error, and why GD information isnt showing up in my phpinfo...yet photopost is working fine.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:27 AM

Have you asked you host by chance?