The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-19-2006, 09:55 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Question Problem with artical Picture

I can't seem to get GARS to upload some of the pics for articals. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

I did a search of this thread and tried a few of the suggestions. All the permissions are set to 777 and the server is not running in the safe mode so any more suggestions?
Old 05-19-2006, 11:21 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I have the same issue, I'm using 2.0 Beta, are you? Using the clear cache option in the ACP shows no confirmation message and does not seem to work. All of my old articles are showing out-dated image URLS and there seems to be no apparant way to update them?
Old 05-20-2006, 06:42 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

There is an issue with the Ajax editor and 2.0 wiping out current settings - however thats the only one I am totally aware of. I assume you are using the file cache? If not, I would really suggest using it.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:39 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Question

It's not when I'm updating threads from inside the forums, it's when I try to change the default header image of each type via the ACP. Since I installed GARS I've always had a dead image link, I only just realised what I was doing wrong and have managed to update it accordingly. The only problem is that every article inside the forum for this type has the URL for the old type image. Some of these articles were posted before GARS was installed, some after. You can take a look at it in the forums here. You will see that only two of the articles have the correct type image shown - this was a result (I believe) of clearing the cache for the modules. Only problem is, there seems to be no way to get the rest of them update. Using the option in the ACP does not produce a confirmation message like the rest of the Tools do, it just shows a blank page.

Last edited by Fleabag; 05-20-2006 at 03:56 PM..
Old 05-20-2006, 04:42 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hmmm. Looks like I need to make a way to mass change header images. The cache wouldnt have been the problem and yes, I think it doesnt dispaly output.

Ill look into addressing both. Sorry for the ass pain.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:46 PM

Hey it's alright, I just thought it was something that was in-built that I was missing. It's been like that a while, won't hurt for any time longer. There doesn't seem to be a way to edit them one by one either, or am I off on that count?
Old 05-20-2006, 04:48 PM

You should be able to edit them normally and choose the default image from the gallery or upload a new one.
However on that note, you may want to make sure you have permissions to use the gallery and you may also want to put another pic in the gallery so that there are multiple ones to choose from (I think it doesnt show the gallery if there is only 1 image)

HTHs
Old 05-20-2006, 05:43 PM

Usergroup permissions are set correctly. I do not seem to be able to upload to the gallery. It confirms that is has done so, but no image is listed. CHMOD is set correctly on the folders.

On a side note... HTH? I've always wondered.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:32 PM

I thought you were a seasoned webber that knew all the lingo!

Can you upload via creation of an article? You are SURE that geek/gars/images/types (and all sub folders) are chmodded to 0777 and your vboptions GD is set correctly?

Hope This Helps
Old 05-23-2006, 02:01 AM

It all makes sense now!

I have discovered that... I can upload via ACP, when creating a thread or when editing a thread. The files are landing on the FTP server where they should be. Only issue is, none of the paths to the images are being updated in the database.

Found this here. But the fix doesn't seem to work. When creating a new article it works fine.

Last edited by Fleabag; 05-23-2006 at 02:15 AM..