The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-28-2006, 05:43 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default recipes

hey geek ive been looking for a way to manage recipes on my site the only thing that i really need is some way to easily add quantities to the recipes, was wondering if this is something you could add in or write even if it would require extra mula there are a couple orgers that would pay to have something like this, please let me know either way, thanks ~ellie
Old 02-28-2006, 08:02 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Not sure what you mean... Something like this-> http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=1159 ?
Old 02-28-2006, 03:57 PM

kinda I saw that you had that, but to make it really effective it would be nice if it gave quantities like 3 cups of carrots, 2 lbs fish, 1 bottle of beer. and then had some way to multiple the recipe. where you could double or triple the recipe and have it tell you how many ingreedients more you need. Im not good at php coding but it seems like you could make an add on module that could list the ingreedients using a simple database addition or something.

I have attached a word document that i have been using on my computer that is semi what i am tlaking about as far as ingreedients go. it has an excel table built into it that i list ingreedients then a mulitplier that multiplies the recipies depending on how many times i want to double it hopefully the attached file will give you an idea of what it is i am looking for, I was thinking the table part of the database could be done with a module just a thought though. and then the insttructions would be listed on the article. let me know if this is possible thanks ~ellie
Attached Files
File Type: zip recipe book.zip (31.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-28-2006, 08:25 PM

A true recipe mod would be FANTASTIC!
Old 02-28-2006, 09:35 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

its do-able. Ill try to do something when I get caught up here - it may take a little while though
Old 02-28-2006, 09:55 PM

Hi,

I've installed the Shopping list module - is there a way to add an additional ingredients module in the same way? It would be exactly the same as the shopping list module where you can add 1/2 cup this 3/4 cup that etc.

Can the shopping list mod be adapted to that?

Regards,
Renada
Old 02-28-2006, 10:20 PM

Sure. If I understand you right... simply add the module to where you want it. GARS allows you to re-use modules as many times as you want.

HTHs
Old 02-28-2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
its do-able. Ill try to do something when I get caught up here - it may take a little while though
how much mula would have to be thrown your way to make it more of a priority?
Old 02-28-2006, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Sure. If I understand you right... simply add the module to where you want it. GARS allows you to re-use modules as many times as you want.

HTHs
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. What I want to do is have both the shopping list and an ingredients list underneath it.

How would I do that?

Thanks again,
Renada
Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 PM

About 8 more hours in the day

Go to the module page where the shopping list is installed and scroll down to where you can add it again to the same section.

HTHs!