The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-26-2006, 04:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default Acronym picks up whole word

I have an acronym PAS, which I have a popup to Power Assisted Steering, however this also tags "pass", which is then obviously incorrect.

Do I need to modify a setting somewhere to only tag the PAS and not any word starting with it?
Old 02-26-2006, 07:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

thats a sticky one as GAL is set up to catch plurals of the words (in this case pas is matched the same as pass).

Why not add pass with a lower ordinal (order) number?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Could this be a switch on/offable option per item (allow plural = true / false) etc...? I don't really want to go around adding loads of options just to cancel out any might be plurals?
Old 02-27-2006, 07:28 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ill look into it, however thats what the ordinal is for.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:01 PM

I get that, but that just causes un-necessary regex's - maybe an option to turn off plurals altogether if it would be easier, otherwise for every single acronym i have to add the plural so it won't pick it up... (obviously sometimes that is useful, but for somethings such as the PAS, this just looks silly...)
Old 02-27-2006, 05:07 PM

Ill see what I can do
Old 10-08-2006, 08:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I'm having this same issue....

I have a GAL set up for "TOS", but when someone uses the word "toss" it also links it to that due to the plurality issue.

So I set up a different GAL for "toss" of a lower ordinal, which then links "toss" to that GAL . This is fine, but I'd prefer to have "toss" remain as normal text and not link to any GAL at all.

Last edited by natas; 10-08-2006 at 08:11 PM..
Old 10-08-2006, 09:03 PM

With 5.0 you will be able to create and change regexp's which will address this.