The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-27-2006, 03:16 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Major Bug Issue

I have found a mojor bug in this sytem....I currently have 2 locations on each page for ads to appear $GAB_ad[0] & $GAB_ad[1] - When I added a 3rd it crashes my site...

I have fooled around with this and if I created an additional billboard and added an ad to it that also crashes the site...I get a 'this page cannot be found' screen...at first I thought it was just my host until I realized I can still go to the Admin page...good thing or I would be in bad shape...after I deleted the newly created ads then all worked fine again.

I went through to see if there was something I was doing wrong but everything leads to a program problem.

this system seems to still have a high amount of bugs and although it somewhat is doing what I need it really stinks not having the ability to expand to what I need (and what this program was purchased to do).

Hope these problems are worked out while my 1 year of paid support is still in effect.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:27 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

This is the first report I have had of something. Although it sounds like a similar situation where you need to save the MASTER script.

Im not sure about the high amount of bugs, there are actually very few open issues. Considering that it is a pre-release product I think its doing pretty well.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:47 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

i have saved the Master Script - I had to so I could ad the 3rd Ad block to it...I really dont know what else the problem can be since the site goes down whenever I ad that 3rd block. Doesnt seem to be a ssystem issue on my end. the other 2 blocks work so there is no conflict anywhere.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:11 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Im sure it is something to do with the script, however its a real bugger to debug as I have only seen it on SOME installs and the save MASTER script sorts it. In fact, it is the only time I have seen a php script konk the entire page without even so much as an error message.

Im working on it and I hope I can resolve it soon (wont go gold till I can). My only point was that there are very few current issues with GAB and it is a pre-release package so bugs are expected (hence the big warning before you buy it )

Ill let you know how I progress.