The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-22-2006, 06:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default GAL covering the linked text

Hi peeps

My GAL is covering the linked text
I have tried to adjust the offset but it makes no difference
well not really....

I really want the popup to show directly below the linked text
the best setting there is, is 1px but again this covers half of the text
see image please

Also on yours you have a tiny little image to the left of the linked
word, me would like this also?

Cheers in advance...

Bashy
Attached Images
File Type: gif GAL.GIF (2.1 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Bashy; 02-22-2006 at 06:53 PM..
Old 02-22-2006, 06:53 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Well, you can use any BB code inside the popup for a URL, or you can also put $url in the box which will put the linked title in.

Have you tried to change the positioning and then debug->rebuild ?
Old 02-22-2006, 07:24 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Hi

I have edited the above post of mine as i did actually figure out
how to add links and so on

As for the offsetting, yes, i rebuilt everytime i tried to change it
I cannot get it positioned any better thanwhat you see in the image

Also about the little image thats by your links, how do it get these?
Old 02-22-2006, 07:27 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

they come with the install package in the images folder. If you are using a custom style, make sure you copy them to your styles image folder. That could be the reason for the offset screwing up.

Let me know
Old 02-22-2006, 08:46 PM

I have encountered a small issue m8 when editing a post a few times
It eneded up like this
Now all my linked words look like that

Quote:
Bashy bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=98' target='_blank' class='gal' onmouseover='GAL_popup(this,"1", 200, "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"", "Click to download MRom or click bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=98\" target=\"_blank\">Download Center to view all of our files.", "style=\"border: 1pt solid #000000;\"", "MRom", "style=\"border-top: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;background: #CCCCCC;padding: 1px;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;color: #000000;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'>mrom bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=72' target='_blank' class='gal' onmouseover='GAL_popup(this,"1", 200, "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"", "Click to download ROM10 tutorial bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=72\" target=\"_blank\">ROM10 tut or click to download the ROM10 files bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=section_view&idev=40\" target=\"_blank\">ROM10 files", "style=\"border: 1pt solid #000000;\"", "ROM10", "style=\"border-top: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;background: #CCCCCC;padding: 1px;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;color: #000000;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'>rom10 bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=213' target='_blank' class='gal' onmouseover='GAL_popup(this,"1", 200, "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"", "Click to download rst updater or click bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=section_view&idev=1\" target=\"_blank\">Download Center to view all of our files.", "style=\"border: 1pt solid #000000;\"", "Rst Updater", "style=\"border-top: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;background: #CCCCCC;padding: 1px;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;color: #000000;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'>rst updater tutorials

Last edited by Bashy; 02-22-2006 at 08:51 PM..
Old 02-22-2006, 08:53 PM

Youve got one or more words that are overlapping or confusing it which can happen sometimes. Can you post your debug->rebuild results?
Old 02-22-2006, 08:58 PM

Hi m8

here ya go...good job theres only a few words installed lol
I wiped the lite database and started again....

This was working ok till about 5 mins ago...
I have deleted the last 1 i created, and the 1 before that
was tutorials, so perhaps remove that one and do it again?

btw your support is well worth the money i paid for the hacks m8
well done!!

Cheers

Bashy

Code:
Find  	#(\b((?<=\s|"right">|"left">|"center">|<li>|<span class="highlight">|<strong>|<b>|<i>)(?<!GAL--> )rst updater)s?\b)#im
Replace 	<a href='http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=213' target='_blank' class='gal' onmouseover='GAL_popup(this,"1", 200, "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"", "<!--GAL-->Click <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->download <!--GAL--><b><font <!--GAL-->color=\"Red\">rst <!--GAL-->updater</b></font> <!--GAL-->or <!--GAL-->click <!--GAL--><a <!--GAL-->href=\"http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&amp;op=section_view&amp;idev=1\" <!--GAL-->target=\"_blank\">Download <!--GAL-->Center</a> <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->view <!--GAL-->all <!--GAL-->of <!--GAL-->our <!--GAL-->files.", "style=\"border: 1pt solid #000000;\"", "<!--GAL-->Rst <!--GAL-->Updater", "style=\"border-top: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;background: #CCCCCC;padding: 1px;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;color: #000000;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'><!--GAL-->$1</a>

results
Find 	#(\b((?<=\s|"right">|"left">|"center">|<li>|<span class="highlight">|<strong>|<b>|<i>)(?<!GAL--> )Nagra Date|nagradate)s?\b)#im
Replace 	<a href='http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=101' target='_blank' class='gal' onmouseover='GAL_popup(this,"1", 200, "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"", "<!--GAL-->Click <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->download <!--GAL--><b><font <!--GAL-->color=\"Red\">Nagra <!--GAL-->Date</b></font> <!--GAL-->or <!--GAL-->click <!--GAL--><a <!--GAL-->href=\"http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&amp;op=entry_view&amp;iden=101\" <!--GAL-->target=\"_blank\">Download <!--GAL-->Center</a> <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->view <!--GAL-->all <!--GAL-->of <!--GAL-->our <!--GAL-->files.", "style=\"border: 1pt solid #000000;\"", "<!--GAL-->Nagra <!--GAL-->Date", "style=\"border-top: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;background: #CCCCCC;padding: 1px;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;color: #000000;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'><!--GAL-->$1</a>

results
Find 	#(\b((?<=\s|"right">|"left">|"center">|<li>|<span class="highlight">|<strong>|<b>|<i>)(?<!GAL--> )Nagra Convertor|nagraconvertor)s?\b)#im
Replace 	<a href='http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=100' target='_blank' class='gal' onmouseover='GAL_popup(this,"1", 200, "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"", "<!--GAL-->Click <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->download <!--GAL--><b><font <!--GAL-->color=\"Red\">Nagra <!--GAL-->Convertor</b></font> <!--GAL-->or <!--GAL-->click <!--GAL--><a <!--GAL-->href=\"http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&amp;op=entry_view&amp;iden=100\" <!--GAL-->target=\"_blank\">Download <!--GAL-->Center</a> <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->view <!--GAL-->all <!--GAL-->of <!--GAL-->our <!--GAL-->files.", "style=\"border: 1pt solid #000000;\"", "<!--GAL-->Nagra <!--GAL-->Convertor", "style=\"border-top: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;background: #CCCCCC;padding: 1px;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;color: #000000;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'><!--GAL-->$1</a>

results
Find 	#(\b((?<=\s|"right">|"left">|"center">|<li>|<span class="highlight">|<strong>|<b>|<i>)(?<!GAL--> )MRom|mrom)s?\b)#im
Replace 	<a href='http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=98' target='_blank' class='gal' onmouseover='GAL_popup(this,"1", 200, "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"", "<!--GAL-->Click <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->download <!--GAL--><b><font <!--GAL-->color=\"Red\">MRom</b></font> <!--GAL-->or <!--GAL-->click <!--GAL--><a <!--GAL-->href=\"http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&amp;op=entry_view&amp;iden=98\" <!--GAL-->target=\"_blank\">Download <!--GAL-->Center</a> <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->view <!--GAL-->all <!--GAL-->of <!--GAL-->our <!--GAL-->files.", "style=\"border: 1pt solid #000000;\"", "<!--GAL-->MRom", "style=\"border-top: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;background: #CCCCCC;padding: 1px;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;color: #000000;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'><!--GAL-->$1</a>

results
Find 	#(\b((?<=\s|"right">|"left">|"center">|<li>|<span class="highlight">|<strong>|<b>|<i>)(?<!GAL--> )Hex2Bin|hex to bin|bin to hex|bin2hex)s?\b)#im
Replace 	<a href='http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=94' target='_blank' class='gal' onmouseover='GAL_popup(this,"1", 200, "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"", "<!--GAL-->Click <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->download <!--GAL--><b><font <!--GAL-->color=\"Red\">Hex2Bin</b></font> <!--GAL-->or <!--GAL-->click <!--GAL--><a <!--GAL-->href=\"http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&amp;op=entry_view&amp;iden=94\" <!--GAL-->target=\"_blank\">Download <!--GAL-->Center</a> <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->view <!--GAL-->all <!--GAL-->of <!--GAL-->our <!--GAL-->files.", "style=\"border: 1pt solid #000000;\"", "<!--GAL-->Hex2Bin", "style=\"border-top: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;background: #CCCCCC;padding: 1px;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;color: #000000;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'><!--GAL-->$1</a>

results
Find 	#(\b((?<=\s|"right">|"left">|"center">|<li>|<span class="highlight">|<strong>|<b>|<i>)(?<!GAL--> )rom10|ROM10|rom 10)s?\b)#im
Replace 	<a href='http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=72' target='_blank' class='gal' onmouseover='GAL_popup(this,"1", 200, "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"", "<!--GAL-->Click <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->download <!--GAL--><b><font <!--GAL-->color=\"Red\">ROM10 <!--GAL-->tutorial</b></font> <!--GAL--><a <!--GAL-->href=\"http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&amp;op=entry_view&amp;iden=72\" <!--GAL-->target=\"_blank\">ROM10 <!--GAL-->tut</a> <!--GAL-->or <!--GAL-->click <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->download <!--GAL-->the <!--GAL--><b><font <!--GAL-->color=\"Red\">ROM10 <!--GAL-->files</b></font> <!--GAL--><a <!--GAL-->href=\"http://www.bashys-place.com/index.php?ind=downloads&amp;op=section_view&amp;idev=40\" <!--GAL-->target=\"_blank\">ROM10 <!--GAL-->files</a>", "style=\"border: 1pt solid #000000;\"", "<!--GAL-->ROM10", "style=\"border-top: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;background: #CCCCCC;padding: 1px;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;color: #000000;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'><!--GAL-->$1</a>

results
Find 	#(\b((?<=\s|"right">|"left">|"center">|<li>|<span class="highlight">|<strong>|<b>|<i>)(?<!GAL--> )Bashy|bashy)s?\b)#im
Replace 	<a href='http://www.bashys-place.com/forums/sendmessage.php' target='_blank' class='gal' onmouseover='GAL_popup(this,"1", 200, "style=\"border: 1pt solid #000000;\"", "<!--GAL--><font <!--GAL-->color=\"Blue\">Hi, <!--GAL-->I <!--GAL-->am <!--GAL-->the <!--GAL-->forum <!--GAL-->owner, <!--GAL-->I <!--GAL-->hope <!--GAL-->your <!--GAL-->enjoying <!--GAL-->your <!--GAL-->stay. <!--GAL-->Please <!--GAL-->click <!--GAL--><a <!--GAL-->href=\"http://www.bashys-place.com/forums/sendmessage.php\" <!--GAL-->target=\"_blank\"><b>Contact</a></b> <!--GAL-->if <!--GAL-->you <!--GAL-->wish <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->speak <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->me <!--GAL-->and <!--GAL-->i <!--GAL-->will <!--GAL-->get <!--GAL-->back <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->you <!--GAL-->as <!--GAL-->soon <!--GAL-->as <!--GAL-->i <!--GAL-->can.</font>", "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"", "<!--GAL-->Bashy", "style=\"border-top: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;background: #CCCCCC;padding: 1px;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;color: #000000;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'><!--GAL-->$1</a>

results
Find 	#(\b((?<=\s|"right">|"left">|"center">|<li>|<span class="highlight">|<strong>|<b>|<i>)(?<!GAL--> )Tutorials|tutorials|Tutorial|tutorial|tut|tuts)s?\b)#im
Replace 	<a href='http://www.bashys-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113' target='_blank' class='gal' onmouseover='GAL_popup(this,"1", 200, "style=\"border: 1pt solid #000000;\"", "<!--GAL-->Please <!--GAL-->click <!--GAL-->to <!--GAL-->browse <!--GAL-->through <!--GAL-->our <!--GAL--><a <!--GAL-->href=\"http://www.bashys-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113\" <!--GAL-->target=\"_blank\">tutorials</a>, <!--GAL-->New <!--GAL-->tuts <!--GAL-->are <!--GAL-->added <!--GAL-->daily, <!--GAL-->so <!--GAL-->please <!--GAL-->keep <!--GAL-->checking <!--GAL-->back.", "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"", "<!--GAL-->Tutorial", "style=\"border-top: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;background: #CCCCCC;padding: 1px;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;color: #000000;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'><!--GAL-->$1</a>
Old 02-22-2006, 09:05 PM

at a quick glance, I would suspect that tutorials is giving you a double link as well as Bashy. GAL is not case sensitive so you dont need Bashy, bashy as it will replace both (it will even match bASHy)! In fact, you have several of those.
While im not 100% sure thats the problem, its the most likely cause.

HTHs and thanks
Old 02-22-2006, 09:07 PM

Ok m8 i will remove the dupes and see what happens.....
Damn find hack btw

Bashy
Old 02-22-2006, 09:09 PM

also, when in doubt - make your first stop a debug->rebuild

Thanks