The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-12-2006, 01:54 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default One works - the other doesn't

I've spent several hours trying to figure this out.

I'm using the latest Gmart in the Paypal sandbox and have set up 2 dummy products to purchase- (A & B).

To enable separate download permissions I'm using the Geeker system and have also created 2 specific usergroups for the purpose and allocated permission to download using the Geeker according to which product is purchased.

However, regardless of whether I buy the products together or separately, once the Paypal IPN has done it's stuff, product A always enables the correct usergroup and allows the download whilst product B never does - it just won't add the user to the assigned usergroup.

I've checked that the the usergoups are set up the same, made sure that both products are set up in Geekmart and Geeker exactly the same - but I can't get B to work the way A does.

Now I know that logically if A is working it "must" be something in the way B is set up that stops it - but for the life of me I can't find what the difference is.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Mike
Old 02-12-2006, 04:12 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey Mike.

What happens if you swap usergroup and timings around? Does the same product work (thereby giving you the other usergroup) or does the one that doesnt work now suddenly start working?

Also, which module are you using on the item? License or membership?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:07 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

DOH! DOH! DOH!

You see - this is what happens when we create the problem whilst doing 10 things at once then work into the wee small hours to try and fix it when we should have just gone to bed!

Thanks TheGeek - since I'm in Sydney - I just awoke to your email and that's all it took (and a few hours sleep) to make me realise that - Yes! - I had made absolutely sure that both products were set up identically - right down to them both adding the same usergroup after IPN!

Thanks for being another pair of eyes - great product and working well.

Some advice if I may ask?

As I've said I've set up 2 usergroups and the "membership" option to handle these software purchases, however since I already have a general (free) downloads section (courtesy of vb.org), I need a way to enable purchasers to be able to come back during the 12 month licensed period and re-download the licensed software.

I'm thinking that a "Licensed Downloads" link in the navbar might do it - viewable only after IPN and access to the required usergroup has occurred. But I don't know how to code the conditional to make such a link appear only to licensees.

I know it will be along the lines of
Code:
<if condition="$show['member']"> <td class="navbarbgcolor"><a href="Licensed Download Link code">Licensed Downloads</a></td></if>
but I'm a bit stuck on using the the usergroup instead of 'member' - can you help please?

Thanks again - Mike
Old 02-12-2006, 09:15 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Would is_member_of function sort it for you?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:34 PM

Dunno really - what would the syntax be?

Gotta go and earn a crust now - back in a few hours
Old 02-12-2006, 09:41 PM

<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo,10)">

If I remember right... You may want to double check.

Go earn some bread, Ill go catch some Z's
Old 02-12-2006, 09:51 PM

Couldn't leave till I got it right - thanks for your help, this works just fine

Code:
<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo,34,35)"> <td class="navbarbgcolor"><a href="http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/">Test Link</a></td></if>
Ho Ho Ho it's off to work I go . . .

Mike