The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-30-2006, 03:50 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Older threads in brand new GARS

I have just purchased and installed GARS... first off, Wow! This is much more robust than I envisioned, and it is exactly what I needed. I recently migrated my vB system from 2.3.0 w/vBindex (heavily modified) to 3.5.3 w/vBadvanced. Part of my modification on 2.3 was to modify the vBi script to create article view, a news archive page (by month), and an FAQ system. All of the content for these articles were stored in threads... one thread per article. I have installed GARS, and I pointed it to my article forum. It didn't show any articles when I displayed it - http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=96 . I initially thought that this was because all my articles are over a year old at this point, and maybe there was something configured wrong. I have the forum configured to show all threads, and still nothing. So, I added a new article, and it shows up fine. How do I get the old article threads to show up in GARS?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:21 PM

Well this is strange. I was able to get the older articles to show in that forum I posted, but it isn't showing them by default. I have the forum config set to ALL, but it is coming showing only the last month.

Other forums without recent articles are not showing the option to change the default selection period. Take a look at this one... there are older articles in this forum, but no newer ones... http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/f...play.php?f=117
Old 01-30-2006, 05:28 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hi there, Im not sure if I am understanding totally

I looked at both URL's and the first one has 2 pages of threads and the other has 1 page. Is there supposed to be more?
Old 01-30-2006, 05:37 PM

OK, now that I feel really stupid... I was logged in and had my forum view override set to 1 month or less. So I can get what you get now. However, if no threads are displayed when you set it to 1 month or less, the option at the bottom to change it to a different history setting is not presented... so this may be a problem with the template. Try setting up a test of this by taking a forum with no recent posts and change your default setting to 1 day.