The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Lizard Lounge

Lizard Lounge The place to post off topic stuff.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-26-2005, 03:48 AM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default Need community bulletin type hack!!!!

I know we talked before, and you made the other one work with your site. I will give you $200 if you can make a solid, no file edit, version for 3.5! I need this desperately. With all of your hacks I will be ready to upgrade to 3.5 as soon as they are done, but cant do it without a community bulletin. I will lose too much traffic.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:33 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I agree - its a hot idea - but I hands down dont know how I could squeeze it in. Have you spoken to the author or commbull? I could write a brand new one but it would take a couple days which would make everything else 2 days later
Old 08-26-2005, 03:16 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

A couple of days? You are a genious and I will pay you to squeeze it in! lol A couple of days... hrmm you can wait until you're done with everything else and still have everything released within 2 weeks

The author of combull is done with it.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sad news for him

Ill pick up the gauntlet when I have everything else sorted if you can wait a tad longer. In the meantime, have you thought about trying to add this at the top of the commbull admin page for 3.5:
PHP Code:
$DB_site=$db
Im not saying it would totally work - however it just might