The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-21-2009, 03:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Question Wrong image path after changing the forum path

I've changed my current forum path from ../forum/ to ../
(domain.com/forum --> domain.com)

Everything works fine after this change. But i have a problem with the images in GARS. The header images and other images in custom modules still using the old path. When i check the source i see the image link as domain.com/forum/image_path.

Can someone please help me to make it as it has to be ? (domain.com/image_path

I did change the path settings in ACP.

Regards
Old 04-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Are both of the following settings correct in the ACP -> GARS -> Settings?
  • Absolute path to images folder
  • FULL URL to your default images folder
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I have some problem actually. Even the above mentioned path to image folder and full url to default image folder is correct, some threads still using the /forum path for images. But when i remove the "forum" path from the address bar, then i can see the image.

I couldnt solve this problem...
Old 05-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Changing paths in the ACP doesn't necessary change content, i.e., content in a post is whatever it is and changing a path doesn't change the post content with or without GARS, so you'd need to either do an .htaccess 301 redirect for the images, or you can query the database to update the content.

Here is a generic MySQL query that will do search/replace. Take backups before running this query!!! You need to set the values in lowercase:
Code:
UPDATE table_name SET field_name = REPLACE(field_name, 'find this string', 'replace with this string');
Tables where you might want to run the query include:
  • gars
  • postparsed
Look at those tables to see what fields if any need to be updated with the query, and again, take backups before running the query just in case something gets inadvertently changed that you didn't mean to change.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams