The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-19-2006, 02:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default DNS / Server Error after install?!

Hi,

I got something strange after installing GAB and I do not know how to fix it and how that could happen!

I installed GAB , uploaded all files and imported the XML File, within my AdminCP everything works great, but on my Forumindex I got a DNS / Server error! When I deactivate GAB the forums back as normal!

Any ideas?!

Tobi
Old 02-19-2006, 02:24 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

What do you mean? You got a 404 error or something more specific?
Old 02-19-2006, 02:28 PM

I got a "Server Not Found Error" on the frontpage, not a "simple" 404 Error. It is like there is now webserver or the webserver is turned off!

Maybe it is an vbseo issue with all its rewritting stuff?!

Edit: Nope, it is not an vbseo issue, tested it with vbseo turned off!

Tobi

Last edited by DerTobi75; 02-19-2006 at 02:34 PM..
Old 02-19-2006, 02:35 PM

er. I dont get how that could happen. Can you pm me an admincp and ill check it out?
Old 02-19-2006, 02:42 PM

Of course, ...
Old 02-19-2006, 04:41 PM

Looks like the problem was from an oddity during your install. Saving the master script page seemed to do the trick (after over an hour of debugging I found this out!)

Anyway, posted the solution in case anyone else has the problem. You should be good to go now, just remember to put your $GAB_ads[x] in your style
Old 02-19-2006, 06:09 PM

Hi,

thanks for your help!

Tobi