The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-19-2005, 08:09 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default GAS and GARS?

I've downloaded a hack of yours at vB.org, which ist called GAS 3.53. I'm planning to build a content management system with this and vBAdvanced.

My questions:

1) Is GARS the vB3.5.x version of GAS, and will it be possible in the future to upgrade from vB3.0 & GAS 3.53 to vB3.5 & GARS? (I know that the latter will cost money, but that's ok for me).

2) Will GARS only work with vB 3.5, and will GAS only work with vB3.0?

3) I tried to find a live demo of GARS (beta), but I could not find one ... where is it?

Last edited by Odysseus; 09-19-2005 at 08:20 AM..
Old 09-19-2005, 08:27 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey there,

1 - Yup. GARS is the vb3.5 version of GAS (though its totally re-written and about 10x more powerful than GAS)
2- Yup. GARS is only for vb3.5. GAS will not work on vb3.5. Upgraind is pretty simple (just install GARS).
3- Check out the Testing Grounds for some working examples

HTH's!
Old 09-19-2005, 08:38 AM

Ah thanks!
Just one more question which is very important for me:

If I start entering my articles with GAS on vB3.0 NOW, will it be possible to automatically import these articles into GARS as soon as I decide to switch to vB3.5?

And two new question:

4) I downloaded two vBadvanced Addons of yours: "Latest Geek Articles in vBadv", and "Featured Articles". Are these hacks also available for GARS & vB3.5?

5) Can I pay you with my € PayPal account? I think so, because I've already payed in US-$$$, but maybe there is a difference for PayPal when trying to pay in British Pounds?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:39 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

1- Yes, they will be automatically imported into GARS (there isnt even an upgrade script... thats how freaking smart it is )

2- These add ons will eventually be recreated for gars - however even those were never fully ported for GAS3.5x. I cant say when they will be done - however they indeed will be

3- Paypal will automkatically convert. Next version of geekmart will allow you to pay with Euros too - but in the meantime - Paypal will simply convert it for you.

HTH's
Old 09-20-2005, 11:21 AM

OK, thanks! I've just transferred some money to my PayPal account and will purchase GARS as soon as the money has reched my account.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:39 AM

OK, my paypal account and me are now ready to purchase GARS.

But there are two more questions:

1) It is still Beta -- is it even yet possible to download the software from the member's section?

2) If one day decide to sell or give away my website, will it be able to change the ownership data of the licese to the new website owner, orwill he have to purchase a new license?
Old 09-22-2005, 09:26 AM

It is Beta - and is downlaodable for licensed owners.

Just let me know when or if you need to transfer licenses and I will sort it out for you.

HTH's
Old 09-22-2005, 10:35 AM

Wonderful.
Order & payment is out!

Thx & bye bye.