The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-27-2007, 04:53 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Mobile Device

Hi Sam ,

I am using a modification that will redirect a user to a admin defined style if the user is browsing the forum via a mobile device. This mod is working perfect but i will like to ask a special feature or maybe a work around from you. Is it possible to add a special code that will disable GARS if the user is browsing through a mobile device ?

The mod can be found here http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130983
Old 01-29-2007, 04:34 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I suppose a simple way around it would be to put an additional check in gars_ignition.php. If the style==your mobile style, then dont spawn gars =)
Let me know if you need help with that.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:48 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

For anyone looking to do the same thing, use GARS with a site that provides a mobile skin for smartphones/PDA's, here's what worked for me:

Changed the GARS- Startup plugin to add the conditional:
if ($styleid<>28)
{
require_once(DIR . '/geek/gars/includes/gars_ignition.php');
}

Where 28 is the id of the style I have defined for use with a mobile browser... There's a mod on vb.org for detecting mobiles and setting the style. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

James