The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-24-2006, 10:45 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default popup issue

Hi peeps

I have a problem when creating a link that has a description with a word in there that is a linked word....

e.g.

I have a linked work called "Newsgroup"

I make another linked word called "grabit"

this is the description

<b>Grabit</b> is a <b>newsgroup</b> download and search tool, this is the most widely used download tool and can be found here</b>

As you can see the description has the word "newsgroup" in there, now as this is already a linked word, this is the error it gives ion the threads...

Code:
"style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'>Grabit and in the left column
Thats above is the actuall linked word "Grabit" but as you can see it dont like having a linked word within the description, This is actually quite hard to circumvent as i cant think of an alternative word to use. At the moment i am having to put a spcae e.g. news group, but i dont like that as its not what i want to see..... i have a few of these where i have had to change the word to something else but this i dont really want to do as i want to be able to keep it all sort of matched and together if you know what i mean, I will have many linked words soon and they will be used in the description, do you think i waffle too much...she says i do pmsl......

Anyway is there a way to stop the description using the GAL database or is there something that can be coded to stop it doing what its doing? there i go again im bloody waffling...

Ok i will stop there, i hope you understand what im on about cause im lost now lol

Cheers m8

Regards

Bashy
Old 02-25-2006, 07:34 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thats because GAB will ignore the <b> preceeding the grabit.

Hmmm. Can you try this:
<b><!--GAB-->Grabit</b> is a <b>newsgroup</b> download and search tool, this is the most widely used download tool and can be found here</b>
Old 02-25-2006, 07:46 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Hi m8

Just tried that and it gave me
", "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'>Grabit

Bashy
Old 02-25-2006, 07:47 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Make sure you rebuild it just in case. The above SHOULD work. Does it work if you remove the <b>?
Old 02-25-2006, 09:34 AM

Hi m8

Sorry my mistake it has done it, I didnt go high enough
I have it set at 25/22 and its perfect....see here

Thanks for ya help on this 1 m8, tis much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy
Hi m8

Just tried that and it gave me
", "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'>Grabit

Bashy