The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-14-2006, 09:55 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GARS 1.0g Released

Hey Guys, sorry for back to back releases however the earlier versions were sort of 'works in progress' toward a service release. This one takes care of most key issues, however there are still a couple outstanding.

1.0g changes.
  • Bug fix for users not being able to edit post and change rating
  • Bug fix for editing another users GARS entry would make you the owner of the entry which caused some wackiness with the ratings.
  • Added traps for empty limit settings in featured and topx modules
  • Added code so that featured and top would not pull deleted threads (hurrah!)
  • Included an admincp URL to tidy up existing entries. I would suggest everyone run this as it will re-sync your gars table with correct userids and remove any gars entry points where threads have been deleted. This is primarily for those that experienced the above fixes. The proceedure will also sync your terms and phrasegroups (though they shouldnt ever be out of sync!) The url is admincp/gars_admin.php?do=cleangars
Known issues:

GARS entries are currently not deleted when a thread is deleted. Im working on this, however there seems to be many locations for catching deletion code so its slow going. Its not really any kind of showstopper anyway (especially with the above cleangars command, that will clean it up if you really need it).

Upgrading

When upgrading, just download the latest package and replace the following files (you do not need to re-import the product.xml):
  • admincp/gars_admin.php
  • geek/gars/includes/gars_class_core.php
  • geek/gars/includes/gars_class_admin.php
  • geek/gars/mods/featured.php
  • geek/gars/mods/top.php
Thanks!
Old 02-16-2006, 09:48 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I have 1.0d and just did a lot of work translating everything into german!
Will upgrading affect translations?

Andreas
Old 02-16-2006, 10:42 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasP
I have 1.0d and just did a lot of work translating everything into german!
Will upgrading affect translations?

Andreas
If you only upload this 4 files and don't import the xml file again, your phrases should be still there.

Also bei mir sind die deutschen Phrasen noch da, du darfst nur nicht das Produkt nochmal importieren.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:58 AM

Genau das wollte ich wissen

Thanks!

Andreas
Old 02-24-2006, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasP
Genau das wollte ich wissen

Thanks!

Andreas
Servus ihr zwei,

könntet ihr die deutsche XML vielleicht mal uploaden, damit nicht jeder das Ding von neuem übersetzen muß? Wäre wirklich ne hilfreiche Zeitersparnis für diese Syssiphusarbeit.

Ich dank euch schonmal im voraus.

Could someone upload the german xml-file so that not everybody has to translate the whole file by themselves ? Would be very helpful. TIA.

'My world, the one that I live in, that surrounds me, is called insane by some. I can dig that - I feel the same about theirs.'
(Henry Rollins)

Last edited by Marv; 02-24-2006 at 07:29 AM..
Old 02-24-2006, 07:10 PM

Hallo Marv,

Geht leider nicht, denn es gibt keine english.xml, die man einfach übersetzten könnte. Wenn du GARS installiert hast, kannst du über die Phrasen-Funktion im CP alle Gars-Phrasen übersetzen. Die Phrasen stecken aber in unzähligen Einzeldateien und in keiner einheitlichen xml.

Sorry,
Andreas
Old 02-25-2006, 06:06 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I ran cleangars and I still have a deleted post in limbo. It shows up as featured, new, etc, yet when you follow the link you are told "no thread specified".
Old 02-25-2006, 07:45 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

You sure youhave the latest files uploaded? topx and featured have been updated show they should NOT show deletes
Old 02-25-2006, 05:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yes. I reuploaded the 5 files listed above. Then I ran cleangars and syncpages (no output from this one?). Here is a snippet from the cleangars output:

Gars entry point missing for 8771
8771 is out of sync. Deleting

Thread 8771 still shows up in the featured articles, new articles, etc. When I follow the link I get No Thread specified.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:23 AM

Its most likely a cache problem. Turn off mod caching and see if its still there