The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-15-2006, 07:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GARS Gallery and Keyword Issues

I am, once again, stymied. Two problems have crept up having to do with GARS (and GALS indirectly) - we're on GARS 2.1.2 and GALS 4.8.1.

1. I know I didn't have this problem before. I have a default image set in the type, but it doesn't show up as an option when creating a new post - suppress header image is set to no. AND the "Upload an image" within the create a new post doesn't work. AND AdminCP>Type>Edit Gallery doesn't work. I browsed to 4 different images, clicked save and then stared at the same screen I had prior. There is no upload button (only browse) in any of these places -- should there be one?

2. This one's new as well - as recently as 2 days ago, I could easily create a link to an existing GAL , but now.... When creating a new post, if I put in a keyword, as defined in an existing GAL entry, I get an error to the effect of Keywords must be separated by a comma, even if there's only one and even if I do put in 2 with a comma between. Is it me, or is it muy loco?

What am I doing wrong? I've cleaned the cache, done a Debug>rebuild, saved as a different type or null, then reassigned, dumped the forum altogether and tried again to no avail. It's got to be something I've missed or changed, but I can't find it. Got a map?

James and me, Susan (the less tech savvy of the two)

Last edited by Tigratrus; 12-15-2006 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: added details of versions
Old 12-15-2006, 11:35 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

1- should be controlled by the usergroup settings in GARS settings page.

2- is it the same keywords you are having problems with or is it different words each time?
Old 12-15-2006, 11:49 PM

It's set to allow admins to upload image headers and use the gallery and naught.

I've tried different words. Even tried Timbuktu which isn't an existing GAL , and it still wanted comma separated keywords. I was about ready to give it Timbuktu, Bum****** Egypt, but I reined myself in and posted here instead. Aren't you the lucky one.

Susan
Old 12-16-2006, 07:51 AM

Can you provide admincp details so I can log in and see for myself?
Old 12-16-2006, 08:28 PM

Figured out the image problem -- pathing was incorrect.

As for keywords, PM coming your way. Thanks!