The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:34 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

A possible bug.. look at http://www.nzboards.com/forums/articles/ .. the announcement <td> is all bung in IE.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:57 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Huh. Its fine with announcements here, however it may be with multiple announcements. Ill check it out tonight.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:44 PM

BTW: Has anyone 'discovered' the AJAX Feature function? When in forumdisplay, double click the post icon next to the title to toggle feature/unfeature (you must have the #of days to feature setting in your type set to something valid)
Old 10-26-2005, 02:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hey didn't see that :P
real nice,

btw geek, i don't see add reps in the tools menu. Did you remove it :s

plus is the user info module plugged in?
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/xf...tml#post199217

some thing is wrong i think

Last edited by acers; 10-26-2005 at 02:08 PM..
Old 10-26-2005, 02:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

hmmm even after updating I still cant do a user rating
Old 10-26-2005, 02:13 PM

Hi,

I bought it 5 minutes ago, and will now test it also in detail.

And i will try, to translate it to German for me. Is that ok ?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:16 PM

acers - it might be a cope issue for both modules. Ill check into it tonight (most liekly the reason).

eko. I assume your using the latest version? I jsut tested it here on the site and it worked fine.

Paint - You can translate if you want, however its only partially phrased. Phrasing is going to be done mostly at RC stage.

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2005, 02:28 PM

Hi,

I think, I will wait up to the gold(final) version, for translation.
But I wanted to ask before i start to translate it.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
eko. I assume your using the latest version? I jsut tested it here on the site and it worked fine.

Thanks!
reuploaded all files and it works, I must have missed the file when uploading before thanks

Last edited by eko; 10-26-2005 at 03:21 PM..
Old 10-26-2005, 04:31 PM

sorry a couple other things I noticed, when moving modules around it caused a database error, I went back and reordered and it fixed the proble.

It would also be nice to be able to put the user are author reviews next to each other under the header instead of having them stack so I guess a horizontal layout for that. Maybe even split that category up into a left center right perhaps (not sure how hard that would be).

It would also be nice if you could put reviews and articles in the same category and mix and match them instead of having to assign them to different sections.

Im sure I will think of some more stuff but thats it for now overall turing out to be an awsome system

edit: one more thing is there away to retell it to feature an article or review, for some reason it removed the feature status of an article and I cant get it to reshow as a feature

Last edited by eko; 10-26-2005 at 05:10 PM..
Closed Thread