The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Advertisers can now see their GAB stats

This small fee add-on to GAB allows your advertisers to see their stats.

So how does it work?

You need to FTP the gab_stats.php file into your main forum directory. This is the same directory that contains the vBulletin showthread.php file. Go to the ACP -> GAB -> Banners and there you can add a new banner or edit an existing banner. In the userid box, enter the vBulletin userid for the member/advertiser of the banner.

To find the vBulletin userid of a member, go to the ACP -> Users -> Search for Users and there you can search on user name. When you find the member, near the top of the page will be the following: User: User name here (id: userid here). You can also find the userid by going to the profile page for the member. Example: http://www.thevbgeek.com/member.php?u=1533 (the number is the userid).

If the person is not a member of your forums, you will need to add the member to your forums by going to the ACP -> Users -> Add New User. There you can enter a user name, password, and email address for the new member. Your advertiser will need his user name and password to see his stats. Your advertiser would then go to the gab_stats.php file located in your main forum directory to view stats. Example: http://www.thevbgeek.com/gab_stats.php (as you don't have any banners on this site, you won't see much on that page, so please check the screenshots below for what it looks like to your advertisers).

This GAB add-on was coded to work with the GAB 2.x versions. There are about a dozen hard coded phrases and there is no email stats option. Advertisers would need to visit the gab_stats.php page to view their stats. Here are the hard coded phrases as they appear in the PHP file if you wish to change them:
Code:
$gab_phrase['select_time_period'] = 'Select Time Period';
$gab_phrase['quick_view'] = 'Quick View';
$gab_phrase['last_x_days'] = 'Last %d Days';
$gab_phrase['last_month'] = 'Last Month';
$gab_phrase['last_x_months'] = 'Last %d Months';
$gab_phrase['quick_month'] = 'Quick Month';
$gab_phrase['from'] = 'From';
$gab_phrase['invalid_selection'] = 'Invalid selection. You must choose a valid time frame.';
$gab_phrase['webpage'] = 'Webpage';
$gab_phrase['unknown'] = 'Unknown';
Below are a couple of screenshots of what your advertiser would see. You can order the GAB stats for advertisers add-on here.

The advertiser view of his list of banners

The advertiser view of the search option

The advertiser view of the search results
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-08-2009, 06:56 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If this was default, I might have updated my package with GAB but since this is just an add-on I might give it a complete miss now.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:19 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

very effective, gret tip !

Morgan, im sorry, i cant make it w work, i cant find the gab_stats.php, and try
to make new one with the code that you add, but still, dont work.
do i miss something ?
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-08-2009, 12:40 PM

Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Afraid of implementing this. If there is an issue, I don't want to wait another year or two for a fix or whenever you get around to it. I've been so pissed off about the GAB purchase I made 2x.

I bought a one time deal product without updates because the coder was too busy making more one time products. Blah!
Old 06-18-2009, 03:42 PM

Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

This is cool and all, but I have to buy it and there is no new GAB coming out soon? Very disappointing...
Old 08-22-2009, 05:45 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Hello
Where is the file gab_stats.php ?
If I have to buy it? How much and how can I buy it?

Last edited by vnjporg; 08-22-2009 at 05:55 AM..
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-22-2009, 02:56 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnjporg View Post
Hello
Where is the file gab_stats.php ?
If I have to buy it? How much and how can I buy it?
http://www.thevbgeek.com/geekmart.php